Winter forest watercolour

Winter forest watercolour Heather Telford

When I posted the watercolour butterfly tutorial I mentioned that I had divided my watercolour block into four panels, two of which worked out. One was the butterfly and the other was this little scene. I started with some masking fluid flecks then wet the top two thirds of the panel with water. I used the Christmas Park stamp from Penny Black and the techniques for creating snowbanks described in this tutorial.  Because I was layering the images I did use a post-it note a couple of times to mask the white snow areas from the bottom of the tree stamp.  It really was trial and error for this one but I am happy to say it worked in the end.

It will be winter here for quite some time yet so expect some wintry scenes interspersed with the floral cards now and then!

Stamps:  Christmas Park, A Day in Paris (PB)
Inks: Memento Olive Grove, Danube Blue, Espresso Truffle (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: CartieraMagnani 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper
Also: Winsor & Newton Masking Fluid

15 Comments on “Winter forest watercolour”

1. Époustouflant!!! I don’t know how to say that in English…may be: terrific??? Absolutely terrific!
    Wow!!!

2. S says:

I have been watching your work for some time and your progression into these watercolor scenes is SO bearutiful.

3. Natalie H says:

This is gorgeous! Love the winter scene you’ve created. Thanks for sharing your techniques and the link, too!!

4. Mary H. says:

Did it ever work out! This is so lovely. Each card just gets better & better. I would guess that what you threw away was very pretty too! TFS & Happy weekend.

5. Pam Sparks says:

love it Heather! Your scenes always make me want to run upstairs and see if I have that stamp! lol Thanks so much for generously sharing!

6. terri La Masa says:

Love love love the watercolor

Sent from my iPad

7. Judy says:

Gorgeous watercolor. — the scene you created,makes me feel as if I can feel the cold and snow!

8. Beautiful Heather as always! You are such an amazing artist and I get such inspiration from your cards!

9. Gabby says:

GORGEOUS scene! Love the pretty sky w/teeny “stars,” the snowy hills and terrific trees. 🙂

Heather, I am simply in awe of your amazing talent. You are the BEST. Your work continues to give me inspiration and the desire to do my best. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

11. LaVon Hall says:

Heather this is so beautiful! I look at the Christmas park stamp and I am amazed at what you can create with that stamp. I am in awe of your talent!

It definitely worked, Heather. 🙂 Not unlike the view of my backyard…

13. Sandy M says:

Another gorgeous creation, Heather. Your work never ceases to impress me.

14. lesliekmiller says:

I just shake my head in awe. Amazing!