Blue Hillflowers

blue hill flowers

As I mentioned in my last post I am on the other side of the world. I am visiting my parents who live in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney. My mother is currently in hospital so I have been spending part of each day visiting her with my father. When not at the hospital we have been preparing for possible evacuation due to the serious bush fires in the area. I have written a bit more and posted some photos on my other blog, Sentient. Thank you to all who have participated in my One Layer Wednesday challenge to use leaves. I have not been able to visit all of your blogs just yet. Things have been a little busy.

The card above is one of my favourites from the classes I taught in Washington last June. I started by embossing the hillflowers stamp in clear embossing  powder onto white cardstock then flicked masking fluid  over the whole panel. I applied the blue ink by sponging from one corner towards the other fading the colour out toward the “light source”. I only used one blue ink and finished the design by flicking some of it over the whole panel. Once all the ink was all dry I rubbed off the masking fluid to reveal the little white flecks.

Stamps: Hill flowers , Eloquence PB)
Inks: Memento Nautical Blue & Versamark (Tsukineko)
Also:  clear embossing powder, Winsor & Newton masking fluid

18 Comments on “Blue Hillflowers”

1. Maureen Hayes says:

Heather,
    Sending healing prayers for your Mom and prayers for safety for all of you being affected by these wildfires. Having gone through Hurricane Sandy last year around this time, I understand what it is like to live with the wrath of Mother Nature. I hope you and your family will be spared, and that those who are affected will find much help and support to rebuild their lived. May god bless the firefighters and all first responders as well.

2. Gabby says:

BEAUTIFUL card, Heather! Sorry your Mother is ill and in the hospital. Godspeed her recovery! Praying you will not have end up having to escape the bush fires but if need be, may you and your family be safe. Thoughts of you, Gabby 🙂

3. Kim M. says:

This is beautiful! I just love your work. 🙂

4. Absolutely amazing! You are the one who can do it! And I saw on the TV news for fire on Australia… so sorry. Hope your parents and you are in good health and on security. Praying for you! Thinking of you! Mimi

5. Brenda in IN says:

This is a beautiful card. You always amaze me with your talent. I’ve been seeing coverage of the fire on tv and it is so awful. Please stay safe and I hope you don’t have to evacuate. Prayers for your mom and dad. Hope she recovers soon.

6. Mary H says:

Lovely card, done with your usual style. Hope that your Mom is soon out of the hospital, and how wonderful you can be there for your folks when they need you. Prayers for all of you, and hope that you don’t have to evacuate. Stay safe & strong. Hugs

7. Claude TECHER says:

magnifique carte !
    je suis désolée pour ta maman ! je vais prier pour elle !
    bon courage !

8. Sally H says:

Hope your Mum makes a speedy recovery. Your card is stunning, Heather. So beautiful

9. Vicki Love says:

Hope your mother gets better soon…and pray the fires will be contained. Thank you for your wonderful cards and ideas. Vicki Love

Very serene and pretty card, Heather. I was wondering if you were anywhere in the vicinity of those raging fires. Stay well and safe, and hope your mom is doing okay as well.

11. suzjones says:

Stay safe. I have heard that today is to be a very bad day there with high gusty winds. I hope your parents home stays safe. It must be such a blessing for your parents to have you there at this time.

12. Doris Hubbard says:

Hope your Mother is feeling better and you’re not in danger from the fires! Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:32:41 +0000 To: dohubbard13@hotmail.com

13. Skye says:

Hope your Mother is getting better and that you are not in the fire area. Take care and stay safe.

14. kartenhexe says:

Beautiful card – love your style!
    Wishing the best for your mother – for both your parents actually, with the raging fires where they have their home! Hoping for the best for all of you.

15. Your card is so beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to post this. I have friends in Australia but in Brisbane, not as close to the fires. It is such a tragic and fraught time for those affected. Our thoughts and prayers for Australia and also for your Mum. xx

16. carole says:

Heather–is it by accident or by design that I can no longer print out your cards? The print copies but not the images. You are my favorite online cardmaker and I feel like I’ve now lost my inspiration!! Thoughts and prayers from New York for your mom, dad, and fire situation.

17. Gery says:

Dear Heather, I hope your mother is doing well in hospital, but I also hope you and the rest of the family is doing well, because of the heavy bushfires. I’ve seen it on TV and it looks scaring and frightening. Hope you all don’t have to evacuate….
    Wishing you and your family all the best and I will cross my fingers for you all at my side of the world.
    Love to you all.
    Gery

18. Shaz in oz.x says:

wonderful card Heather – marvellous colours thought of you when made card at weekend as it was one like you have done..

Pray for for your dear mum, dad and and all down there.. and pray all is well with your family as so many had it really tough, I did a post myself last week on it, love Shaz in Oz.x