Snowflake dies

snowflake dies

The Penny Black blog has continued to showcase the new Christmas dies this week. I have featured two on this card.

The layout  was inspired by a lovely earth toned card by BIrgitta. I blended three blue gelatos with water on a piece of cardstock then cut the snowflakes and word out of it. The diagonal section was first masked with a torn post-it note then stamped with Music background and sponged with Memento Summer sky and Danube Blue.

Thank you for your kind words and your prayers for my family.  My mother was very happy to come home from hospital today and we were very thankful that the home was safe from threat of fire.  I must admit it is a little crazy for me to be posting a snow flake card from a hot dry sunny land. On the other hand I believe Ottawa had its first frost last night so snowflakes might even have fallen by the time I get home!

Stamps: Music Background (PB)
Creative Dies: Snowflake Trio, Love and Joy (PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Danube Blue (Tsukineko)
Gelatos: three shades of blue

13 Comments on “Snowflake dies”

1. Denise says:

absolutely gorgeous card. (Denise UK) x

2. I love it! Amazing and soft and…all!

3. Marja says:

Really fantastic, so beautiful Heather
    Lovely greet
    Marja

4. jmhave44 says:

Thanks for the good news on your family, and hope your Mom continues to improve even more now that she is home. Such a blessing you were all safe from the dreadful fires. Love this card, and must try this gelato technique. This is a lovely sparkling & icy feeling card. TFS & Hugs

5. Rufus says:

Another gorgeous card. Glad to hear that your Mom is home and that all are safe. Enjoy the warm while you can!
    R/

6. Heather, this blue beauty is breathtaking, as only you can do!! I’m glad to hear that your Mom is better and home and safe from the horrific fires! Hugs, Darnell

Glad to hear your mom and your parents’ house are okay. I do believe you’ve missed a few chilly Ottawa days! Using Gelatos before die-cutting the snowflakes and sentiment add a nice little bit of variation to their colour. Your sponged background is of course perfect.

8. Gabby says:

So glad your Mom is home and that their home was safe from the fire threat! Good news. Your card is very pretty. The blended gelato colored snowflakes are sentiment beauties and the music background looks great at the angle. 🙂

9. Gery says:

Beautiful as ever this card, Heather.
    Every time you post something new I read over and over again how you did it.
    Thank you for the explanation everytime and I learn a lot of you this way.
    Groetjes Gery

10. Clelie says:

You never cease to inspire me!!! Thank you!

11. Anja says:

Awesome designed card, love the wonderful winter world.

12. ND says:

Many thanks to the many viewers who have expressed concern and goodwill to us, Heather’s parents, during the recent bushfire crisis and whilst her mother has been in hospital. We very much appreciate your care.

ND