Golden days

golden day

Although it is a little dreary and wet today we have been enjoying beautiful days of sunshine lately so a golden theme seemed appropriate.

The little panel started out as a bigger experimental panel onto which I brayered blue and green ink. I then coloured the iris stamp with markers spritzed it, then stamped. I added some script on the left, some flourishes around the edges and finally a sentiment. Once trimmed I had to decide where and on what sized card I would place the panel. I played around with a landscape orientation for quite a while but it just wasn’t working for me so I settled on popping up the panel on a portrait oriented card base instead. You will probably realize that adding a charm is a first for me but I really liked the gold accents in the ribbon, charm and cord. They helped highlight the summer feel of the panel.

Hope you are enjoying some sunshine too.

Stamps: Gratitude, IrisesLetter Background PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Cantaloupe, Grape Jelly, Pistachio, Olive Grove, Bamboo leaves & Versamark (Tsukineko)
Also: Gold organza ribbon, gold cord, butterfly charm from Lorraine’s stash

11 Comments on “Golden days”

1. Beverly Railey Robinson says:

Very nice! I am not the charm type either, but it’s a good addition. Thank you.

2. Jan Castle says:

A lovely piece of art Heather…as always, your work is pleasing to the eye and something I look forward to seeing when you post!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

3. alexandrasiruguemacleod says:

Stunning Card Heather and I love these earthy tones!

4. Gabby says:

Beautiful card! Like the colors and layers of ink/stamping. 🙂 I recently saw a SCS challenge hostess comment about you and recommend we check out your blog. She called you the Queen of Masking and testified that you were AMAZING at it. I agree. 🙂

5. Mary H. says:

Truly this _is_ a golden card. I like the charm, and never use them either. But very effective on this particular card. As always enjoyed reading the how-to’s. Really beautiful card. TFS

6. Cathy R says:

Beautiful card as always heather, love the colour scheme and the charm is a perfect touch. Cathy x

7. Love the layered stamping! Stunning as usual

8. An absolutely amazing creation! Love how you put all these stamps together. Gorgeous dreamy card.

You mix small elements together to make a beautiful overall panel perfectly, Heather. This is a lovely card to see while it rains outside my window.

10. nise says:

This is gorgeous! I need to experiment with layering my stamps like you do. So classy & artsy!

11. Sigh. So stunning, Heather! Every card a masterpiece!! Darnell