Floral tiles

two flower tiles

Today’s card is one of those evolving cards that you really don’t need to know the history behind. Yes it did start out as a whole panel with the hillflowers on it. Yes, there were more tiles, five to be exact. But this is how it ended up. Two tiles make a strange layout I know but if you think of the sentiment as filling the third square then it balances a little better.

I inked the stamp with markers and as I was looking for more of a cornflower blue I used both the Danube blue and the Paris dusk markers for the flowers and Bamboo leaves for the stems. I spritzed water on the stamp to blend the blues a little. Once the panel had been cut into tiles I stamped the versamark pad onto the tile and then embossed with a glassy/coarse embossing powder. I had to do it a couple of times to get good coverage. The tiles are matted with a thin navy cardstock.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stamps: Hill flowers , …Smiling PB)
Inks: Memento Danube Blue, Paris Dusk, Bamboo leaves & Versamark (Tsukineko)
Also: Thick enamel like clear embossing powder

7 Comments on “Floral tiles”

1. Jan Castle says:

Lots of interest with this layout Heather…I like it – nice to have a change every now and then!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

2. Beverly Railey Robinson says:

Reminds me of the first card I fell in love with. Someone used Danube blue to do Delft tiles. I love it!

3. Claudia says:

Thanks for sharing this card. I love doing inchies cards, and so I love this. Could you use Glossy Accents to cover the square?

4. Francie in Montreal says:

Simply beautiful in its simplicity. One has to be really talented to create an effective C & S card and you do it regularly!

5. Mary H. says:

Whatever the story was, the result was a lovely card. Love the blue & white, and the clear embossing created the very realistic look of ceramic tiles. Perfectly beautiful. TFS

I like the effect you’ve created with the thick layer of embossing. And I see nothing at all strange about the layout! 😉

7. Krafty Kim says:

Another lovely idea. Well done!