Dies Days 3: Flutters

_DSC1958 flutter trio scaled

Penny Black released their new Creative Dies recently and are showcasing them everyday this week on the blog. I have been playing around with them so I you will see “Dies Days” here this week too.

To create today’s card I played with two new toys: the Flutters creative die from PB and the Faber Castell gelatos. I coloured and blended the gelatos with water on water colour paper. I wasn’t trying to make a pattern just a pretty blend of blues with a few yellow highlights. After die cutting the butterflies I added the letter background stamp over the top. The most time consuming part of this card was trying to arrange the butterflies; I actually had five that I was fiddling with but I ended up leaving the two big ones out. Maybe they will turn up another day.

Dies Days 1: Daisy Collage
Dies Days 2: Dots and Blossoms

Stamps: Letter background, Feel Better(PB)
Inks: Memento Nautical Blue, Versafine Imperial Purple (Tsukineko)
Gelatos: Blueberry, Lemon, Grape, Boysenberry, Cotton Candy
Dies: Flutters
Cardstock: Mix & Match Purple Mountain

11 Comments on “Dies Days 3: Flutters”

1. Peggy A says:

This is a beautiful card! I had to do a double take and then laugh as I had been working on the same type with 5 little butterflies. I spent too much time trying to arrange mine, as well. And, the final product – one large one! Too funny that you were doing the same. I love your blog. You give me so many fresh, interesting ideas and really get my creative juices flowing. Thank you!

2. Sue McRae says:

Fabulous colours on your butterflies!

3. Francie in Montreal says:

Ooooh! Beautiful! Love what you’ve done with the colour. Bliss…

4. The blue hues are beautiful! Sounds like you are having great fun with your gelatos! Apparently the children’s version are just as good, much cheaper but without the same variety of colours. Can’t get gelatos over here though! Sometimes simple looking cards are the hardest to get right, you have done a great job! :O)

5. Gabby says:

Beautiful card! Love the butterflies. 🙂

6. Gery says:

Such a lovely card this is.
    Playing with the Gelatos is fun as well as playing with the die and I can see you enjoyed both too.
    Three butterflies is just enough for this card. Good choice!
    Groetjes Gery

7. Natalie H says:

This is beautiful~

8. Vicki B says:

Beautiful combination of colors and butterflies are one of my very favorite things to use on cards. This is a real beauty!

9. […] Days 1: Daisy Collage Dies Days 2: Dots and Blossoms Dies Days 3: Flutters Dies Days 4: One Die, four […]

Gelatos are just too much fun; now I need to get more. Perfect way to use them here! The colours are beautiful and vibrant. And what a sweet butterfly die — I like that they have their antennae intact. 😉