Am I in the wrong place?

Patterned paper pennants

No you are not in the wrong place; I did make this three layer card which includes patterned paper, buttons and thread!

I have pinned and admired several cards which line up strips of patterned paper to make lovely designs.
A Christmas one, a Floral one and a similar idea

Mine is a little more patchwork looking as I didn’t stick with an analogous colour scheme. The background for my card is made with the stamp Dots in Space which I inked in red, blue, green and yellow then stamped once on another panel before making the muted impression you see above. I used the same inks to sponge the edge of the pennants and the background panel. I know the sentiment really needs a cupcake to go along with it but I liked the size and shape so it got the job.  I’ll be back with more of my usual soon…

Stamps: Friendship, Dots in Space(Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion, Danube Blue & Versafine Spanish Moss (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Penny Black Mix & Match Papers Olive Grove, Madison Designer Paper

11 Comments on “Am I in the wrong place?”

1. Mary H. says:

Love it! As always, you put your own touch on this one, and it’s great. TFS

2. pattisj says:

Layers! Who knew?! 🙂 Great idea and well done.

3. Bev James says:

Would make a neat Father’s Day card as it reminds me of men’s ties. Like the card and design.

4. CC says:

This is so different than anything I’ve seen you do. I love the color mix. When I first looked at the card before I noticed the buttons and read your post, I thought they were neckties! LOL!

5. Denise says:

Different? Yep..eye candy? Yep!! Love colours really great card – hugs..Denise (UK) x

6. Janet Castle says:

Love all your pins!!!!

7. Gabby says:

Delightful card! Nice dotted, pastel-ish bkgrd for your bright colored strips. Like the buttons, too. Sometimes change is good. As in this “case” … get it? Heehee! 🙂

It’s fun to leave the box sometimes, isn’t it? I really like this one, and don’t feel the sentiment needs a cupcake at all. I also think this one would be fun to make again with the banners angled so they were tie-shaped for a masculine card!

9. nise says:

Fun & Fresh! I see ties and the buttons are like tie tacks. Love that you showed us you’re capable of stretching your comfort zone. I knew it was the right place. The inky dots on the background told me so. The patterned paper you chose is really eye catching. Well done!

10. I am convinced you could do any style you want, Heather. Very fun and sweet card.

11. connie says:

Like some of the other comments, this card reminded me of ties, such a great idea for a masculine card – it is usually so hard to do anything different.