OLW 128 Feminine Birthday Card

OLW128 feminine birthday

This one should not be a difficult challenge. Most of us do birthday cards for females all the time. It’s those masculine cards that are the tricky ones. I made a card for my husband’s birthday last  week  which is  yet unposted because half the small survey of people I showed it to did not understand what the scene was meant to be! Including my husband…

Remember to keep it one layer, and use a few of your favourite things on it; that’s what I did. I masked; you know I like to do that. I inked the background stamp with blue, my favourite colour. I added the letter background stamp that I love over the top and did a little sponging in both teal and yellow.

OLW128 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single layer of card stock. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a one-layer birthday card for a female

3. Post your cards online and link to them using the InLinkz button at the end of this post.  If you link  to your blog, be sure to link to the specific post, not just your blog’s main page.

4. I may or may not have chosen this theme because I am having a birthday this week. Not of course that I am making myself a birthday card, but I might just be opening a few.

Stamps: Glory of ModestyEdge to EdgeLetter Background(PB)
Inks: Memento Teal Zeal, Summer Sky, Dandelion (Tsukineko)

29 Comments on “OLW 128 Feminine Birthday Card”

1. Mary H. says:

Well Happy Early Birthday, Heather. I hope you get lots of lovely cards, but I doubt any will be as beautiful as this one you’ve shared today. This is just gorgeous. TFS

2. Clelie says:

I love it when a card makes me say, “How did she DO that?!!”. Wow…you broadened the potential for this Glory of Modesty background stamp. Thanks for the inspiration and have a very sweet Birthday!

3. Gabby says:

Beautiful card! Nice stamped layers and coloring. Might be interesting to post your masculine card and have your blog followers give you their interpretation. :D)

4. What a beautiful card! Have a great birthday when you get to it. (Mine is today.) it’s always fun.

Thanks for sharing.

Debbie

5. Pamela G says:

I hope you are really blessed on your birthday, Heather, and that you have a great year ahead. This is a fascinating card. It is so restful. I could just sit and gaze at it – and the more I gaze, the more I see. Thank you for sharing it.

6. Dianna says:

I, too, am wondering how you did this. It’s gorgeous; hydrangeas are my favorite flowers.

7. Michel Espey says:

Lovely card.

8. Lynette says:

Happy Birthday this week, Heather! That is a gorgeous card! Would love to see your husband’s card, too:)

9. kathymarsh0 says:

This card is beautiful. Thanks for the explanation. Now here is a dumb question: what is OWL and can anyone participate in the challenge?

• Heather says:

One Layer Wednesday has been going for few years now so sometimes I forget that perhaps some people have not heard of it before! The OLW stands for the One Layer Wednesday challenge started by Susan Raihala of Simplicity. The challenge now has 5 hosts and we all take turns to set a challenge to make a one layer card. The challenge is open to everyone.

10. Marja says:

So lovely and so beautiful Heather. Love it so much. Great art work.
    lovely greet
    Marja

11. Dianne says:

Well a big happy birthday to you and this card is gorgeous,so beautiful, thanks for sharing….

12. Francie in Montreal says:

Many happy returns! Your card is stunning. Absolutely stunning. I’m really quite taken with it.

13. Cheryl says:

Heather, This card is absolutely gorgeous! You bring amazing inspiration to the OLW challenge with your beautiful work.

Happy birthday…

14. Jayne K says:

Happy birthday sometime this week. This is a gorgeous card, as par for your creations. You have such an eye for beauty. I love that you can make something so simple, yet so lovely.

Happy birthday week! I’m amazed by how much dimension the yellow sponging adds to the design; the flowers really do seem on a slightly higher plane despite it being one layer. And that would be about as badly expressed as possible; hope you know what I mean. 😉 I’m very curious about your husb’s card now!

16. frogquilter says:

Happy Birthday, beautiful card

17. Stunning card and you had such fun making it! Bravo! Wishing you a very happy Birthday for whenever the big day is! May you receive lots of cards and may your candles on your cake be few!

18. janice ellis says:

stunningly beautiful card…..simple truly is the best way to go!!!… happy belated to your hubby, and happy birthday wishes to you….hope this year is your best yet!!!!

19. Darnell says:

Oh, dear, LOL!. That’s pretty funny about your husband’s card! Happy Birthday to him! Your feminine OLW card is so pretty! I have a quick question for you. If you pretty much cover your card base front with washi tape, is that still a OLC? I’m pretty sure it’s not. Okay, never mind. It’s not.

20. nise says:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to your husband! LOVE your card! You do the most amazing things with stamps and INK. Save this one for yourself. It is totally frame worthy and deserves a place of honor on the mantle.

21. Pai says:

gorgeous! happy birthday to you!

22. […] challenges  One layer Wednesday- feminine birthday and Play date cafe colors… the stamp is from a day for daisies, the  […]

23. This is gorgeous! I love the over stamping technique xx

24. ND says:

Another happy birthday greeting to you both. Then we have another special event down under.

25. Wow, thanks for the inspiration, Heather … the effect here is amazing, almost as though there’s a light shining through it from behind … awesome! Happy Birthday! Anita 🙂

26. […] host at One Layer Wednesday this week is Heather at Bits & Pieces, and she’s set a lovely wide ranging challenge […]