Blooms and splatters

blooms

After making my previous card I noticed splattered droplets of red ink on a couple of card bases sitting on my work desk. I wasn’t going to let them go to waste so I made a panel with more ink splatters and combined it with the splattered card base. The little blooms on this panel are from the Penny Black sentiment set “Eloquence”. The transparent sentiment sets from PB usually have a few little image stamps in amongst the words. On this set there are three blooms of different sizes. I pulled them out to make a patterned panel in three colours and embossed a few in clear before sponging over everything.

Stamps:  Eloquence, Friendship (PB)
Inks: Memento Lady Bug, Morocco & Peanut Brittle (Tsukineko)

There is still a week left of new catalog inspiration at the Penny Black Blog. They are fifteen days into the 20 consecutive days of inspiration, featuring stamps from the Take Flight catalog!  And since they’re featuring 20 days of inspiration, they’re also giving away 20 NEW stamps to one lucky reader

14 Comments on “Blooms and splatters”

1. Penny Wessenauer says:

Clever Heather! Love the card…those ink droplets are an inspiration! The card is. Great, love the stamps too!

2. Mary H. says:

Only Heather would see unintentional spatters on cardstock, and create a beautiful piece of art! This is so pretty & how glad I am you made the unplanned spatters. Checked out the Eleoquence set, and it’s on my wishlist. TFS

3. Janet Castle says:

Love the card…even the splatters!!!

4. Tracy M says:

I love how mailable your creations are. Gorgeous 🙂

5. KatieP says:

Not your ‘normal’ colors, but very pretty. Often we forget to notice the fun small stamps that are used as space holders on sentiment sets. Thanks for the reminder.

6. pelliott60 says:

It’s amazing what can come out of something so unplanned. LOVE what you did with your splatters! Nice job!

7. What a fabulous card your splatters turned into! I love those flower stamps and the way you have used them is gorgeous! xx

8. Gabby says:

Pretty card! Like the colors, blooms and spatters! 😀

9. Kathy Browns says:

The splatters add such a nice touch to this card. Love the colors, too!

Very pretty! Nice bright spring-like colours for a wintry day, too. 🙂

11. Sally H says:

Wow, Heather! Your card is so beautiful! Next time I find a splattered card on my desk I will definitely give this a go! Any tips for smudges?

12. Absolutely gorgeous! One of my favs!!!!!

13. Rene says:

You are an inspiration Heather. Love your cards.
    Rene from OZ xo