Resplendent

Sometimes a stamp really needs no help at all to be the star of a card. The Penny Black stamp, Resplendent, is one such stamp. Although the whole stamp is quite large I have just used a section of it to create this pink and blue panel. Resplendent is stamped in pink and the little flourish from the Gratitude set is stamped in blue. I added both blue and pink sponging and a mat before adding the sentiment, also from the Gratitude set, to the card base.

I had a chance to play with the elaborate Paisley stamp again yesterday so check back again this week to see what I came up with.

(There are sneak peeks of new Penny Black stamps on the PB blog this week)

Stamps:  ResplendentGratitude (Penny Black)
Inks: Memento Danube Blue, Lilac Posies (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Penny Black Mix & Match Papers

14 Comments on “Resplendent”

1. Bahb says:

Those stamps could sit on my desk for years and NO way could I think of a way to use them. Yet you turn them into a stunning piece of art. I just LOVE seeing what you create.

thanks,
    Bahb

2. Nadine says:

Your talent for continualy creating beautiful cards is amazing

3. sue says:

This isn’t a stamp I’d have bought. But oh! When I see what you’ve done with it, I have second thoughts! This is lovely, Heather. The colors are vibrant and beautiful, really showcasing what beautiful stamps you’ve used. Gorgeous!

4. Sally H says:

Oh wow, Heather! That is stunning! That stamp is on my wish list now!

5. Lisa says:

This is beautiful!!! I love the color choices and how you used just a small part of the stamp and it still is captivating!

6. janshore says:

Lovely card, I really like how you utilized the stamps and integrated them together with color!

7. valerie says:

Love how you utilise your stamps Heather, pure genius!
    Val x

8. Gery says:

Wow, Heather, what a beauty!!!
    The stamps and the colours you used are such a stunning combination, that I never thought off!! It’s really dearing and you inspire me to come out of my comfortzone with this.
    Thank you for showing this to me.
    XGeryX

9. Marja says:

Wonderful Heather. Very beautiful card and beautiful combination,
    Lovely greet
    Marja

10. lindseymp says:

Stunning, Heather! Resplendent is such a detailed, almost ornate stamp, and yet you were able to add an overlay to it without overdoing it — perfect!

11. Stephanie L says:

This is just so gorgeous Heather…. I love the colors you used to work your magic with this beautiful image.

12. Jan Castle says:

Absolutely stunning Heather!

13. Beautiful explosion of color…. this makes me think of elegant fireworks!

14. Ann Y. says:

Gorgeous. Love the colors you’ve used here.