Spring Fling

Spring has definitely sprung here and on the Penny Black blog; there are two weeks of spring inspired projects to enjoy if you pop over there. The tulips are up in my garden but not blooming yet, so here are a few in bloom.  After deciding to leave the tulips as outlines I wanted to add something a little fancier to my card so I embossed the whole card front in clear embossing powder using the Penny Black Damask Pattern background stamp. I was quite happy with the subtle result, it really looks like…well, linen damask! The close up below gives you an idea.

For the tulip card I used Delicate FloralsGratitude and Damask Pattern. The inks are memento and the cardstock Penny Black Mix and Match papers Summer Sun, Fall Festival & Fern Green.

The daisies below were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on a brayered panel and then coloured with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils.  The stamps are from  Flowers Sweet and the very useful sentiment set, Gratitude and the cardstock Fern Green Mix & Match papers

Thanks for dropping by.

10 Comments on “Spring Fling”

1. Ardyth says:

Great colours and I love that you moved the flower slightly in each panel!

2. sue says:

I love both these cards. I’m a flower person, and tulips are my absolute favorites. Adding the subtle embossed damask is such a lovely touch. The daisies in your second card are beautiful, and you did a fantastic job coloring them. I’ve never bought Penny Black, but I clicked on every stamp set you used, and I just have to have a couple of them! The flower sets are gorgeous, and that sentiment set is really great. Lovely cards, Heather!

3. Gery says:

These tulips are beautiful in bloom, like mine in my garden (it’s less cold here).
    I love your idea for your background, it’s wonderful.
    Your brayered background with daisies is stunning. Yellow on yellow and it’s looks so good.
    To make the daisies white, you could have coloured them with bleach after your stamping and brayering was done. Don’t know if you are familiar with the technique.
    Anyway these cards look stunning and I love them both.
    Kind regards Gery

4. Gillian Finlay says:

Very new to your site but became addicted quickly. You are very talented but the deceptive simplicity of your work makes others feel they can HAVE A GO! Thank you for that encouragement. Penny Black stamps are lovely. Live in UK and find it hard to access the entire range.

5. Amazing sponging as usual~ You so inspire me!! Thanks

6. Beautiful spring colors Heather! The Damask Pattern is a gorgeous background. Stunning yellow transitional panel art.

7. valerie says:

Love the flower tiles Heather especially the way you changed the position each time and the colours are so fresh:)
    Val x

8. Sally H says:

two stunning cards, Heather. I love them both, but the second is so beautifully coloured I think it is my favourite

The clear embossed base on the first card is fabulous, as is the way you used the tulip stamp at different angles. The colouring over the brayered panel works perfectly on the second one. Both are terrific!

10. Vicky says:

Both of these cards are lovely but my favourite is the top one. I love these panel layouts where the contents vary slightly and I love the colours you’ve chosen.