Simply Paisley

The title of this post says it all really. This card is made very simply with one of the Paisley stamps from Penny Black. There are two in the set; one is a partially negative image of the other. I love the intricacy of the design so I decided to stamp it very simpy in one colour; I will attempt to colour it in one day. (If you’d like to see how pretty it looks multicoloured, check out Jill’s tag here)

To coordinate with such an elaborate stamp I chose the beautifully flourished PB Thank You stamp.

Stamps: Paisley, Flourish Thank You(PB)
Inks: Cranberry Crisp (SU)

7 Comments on “Simply Paisley”

1. Marja says:

Beautiful Paisley work Heather. Marvelous design,
    Lovely greet
    Marja

2. sue says:

Beautiful card. Choosing the elaborate sentiment to go with the paisley is right on, and looks so perfect with it. (I’ll be interested to see your colored version of this. I clicked on Jill’s, and like this uncolored version so much more!) These two stamps are made for each other, and come together to make a stunning card. Lovely!

3. Gery says:

Hi Heather, what a beautiful and stylish card this is.
    You absolutely can’t compare it with the coloured version (wich is also very nice).
    It’s lovely to have one stamp for different moods. The flourish Thank you is wunderful too.
    Love the colour you used for the card.
    Your Simply Paisley is Simply Gorgious.
    XGeryX

4. Heather S. says:

So glad that I found your website; your work is beautiful!

5. Laura says:

Gorgeous card!

This is so pretty, Heather! I love when a stamp can stand on its own like this one. You were wise to pick a colour and let it do all the work — I might consider colouring something like this sitting on the deck in the summer sun with a cold beverage, but otherwise… 😛

7. Vicky says:

This is stunning as it is Heather but it would be lovely coloured too for a different look.