Embossed Paisley

I mentioned in my last post that I had played around with the  Paisley stamps on the weekend. I used the emboss resist technique on both cards, embossing the paisley images first in clear embossing powder and then sponging the entire panel in shades of blue or yellow & orange. In the card below I embossed both paisley stamps and the sentiment; after all the sponging was completed I stamped the unfilled paisley stamp a few times in brown.

I must admit that when I first saw these stamps, although I loved the intricate designs, I wondered how I was going to use such large images. Stamping the image off the edge of the panels works really well as the detail is still evident but fitting in multiple whole paisley images is not necessary.

I am going to have more fun with these stamps and the emboss resist technique; the two are made for each other!

Stamps: Paisley, Sweet Wishes, Wishes (Penny Black)
Inks: Memento Danube Blue, Summer Sky, Paris Dusk, Dandelion, Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Potter’s Clay, Versamark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Penny Black Mix & Match Papers

15 Comments on “Embossed Paisley”

1. Roberta Whitley says:

They turned out gorgeous! Keep your ideas coming, please!

2. Ann Y. says:

The color in both of these is so rich, Heather. They’re just lovely.

3. Vicky says:

I agree, paisley images are made for emboss/resist. I love the colours you’ve chosen Heather.

4. Ardyth says:

A study in contrasts – a very cool card and then a very hot card. I like them both for different reasons (this is the same thing I tell my kids when they ask who I love best. lol!)

5. sue says:

These are both lovely cards, but I especially like the first. Love that Danube Blue! This stamp is lovely — the intricasies and detail of it are amazing, and stamp up beautifully. I’d love to see it in red on a white card…..

6. janshore says:

Beautiful cards…..I like them both and I appreciate that you showed us more than one color. While I know what I like I often end up with pastel cards because I choose those colors. Thanks for sharing!!

7. Chris Smith says:

I love these intense colors and always find your work is so inspiring! I’ve pinned a few of your cards on my card inspiration board pinterest. Please let me know if you’d rather I didn’t.

The rich colours really make these cards outstanding, Heather! Beautiful use of emboss resist. (I have one paisley stamp — much smaller — and haven’t found a use for it. Until now?)

9. WOW – these cards are gorgeous! Love them both equally 🙂

10. Brenda says:

These are both stunning Heather, such beautiful rich colours which showcase the PB stamp so well.

B x

11. What a dramatic and gorgeous effect!! These are both beautiful.. love this technique.

12. Mervi says:

Hi Heather
    they are stunning creations, lovely cards.
    My favourite technique too;-))m

13. Gery says:

They really are big, these stamps, but when I see the cards you made with them, than I would say:”Stunning”.
    You did a great job and gave very good examples of what you can do with them.
    Seeing your cards make me want to have them, I looked already on the PB site!!!
    Oh, Oh, it’s going to cost me some money :-))
    The most beautyful part is , that they are so lovely different than usual.
    Groetjes Gery

14. […] am back with another embossed paisley card. I loved the effect when I embossed in white so I decided to try in black. The paisley image is just as impressive in black. This card was very […]