Musical thanks

As I have said before on this blog we often have need of musically themed cards in this house.  This one is made using the Penny Black music background stamp which I love because it is big and the music can cover a whole card base if necessary. For this card I just stamped it in grey on a panel and then used marker to ink the iris stamp. Before stamping it I spritzed it with water so the image would “bleed” a little then finished the panel off with some sponging and a sentiment.

Several people have asked what I use for sponging; I cut circular sponges into quarters which you can see in my sponging tutorial post here.

Thanks for dropping in today; I hope you have a great week.

Stamps: Music background, Irises (Penny Black), Kind Thanks (SU)
Inks:  Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Going Gray (SU)
Cardstock: MFP 100lb white, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant

15 Comments on “Musical thanks”

1. Susan:) says:

Hello Heather
    What a beautiful card, you have just used two stamps, but the effect with combining them and using the tranquil Purple palette is just stunning.
    Smiles:)

2. Marja says:

Gorgeous Heather. So soft, simple and beautiful. Love the soft background.
    lovely greet
    Marja

3. Ericka says:

Hello, I discover your work and I would like to congratulate for your beautiful cards. Excuse my english, I’m french and I don’t write often in this language.
    Ericka

4. Judy says:

This card is simply lovely, Heather!!

5. Laura Jane says:

LOVELY, LOVELY..spoken in “Emma’s” Miss Bates fashion!

6. sue says:

I love the watercolor look of the iris, Heather. This is an elegant, soft, beautiful card anyone would be happy to receive, musical or not.

7. Richly elegant Heather!

8. Ellie Knol says:

So elegant and the colors are vibrant yet delicate! LOVE it!

The irises look absolutely beautiful (is it spring yet?) on the subtle background. Gorgeous!

10. What a beauty! The floral image is gorgeous over the subtle background. Gorgeous card as alway!

11. Vicky says:

How beautiful this is Heather! I like the purple tones you’ve used and the spritzing has really softened the background.

12. Terri says:

I like that you muted the background, but didn’t make it brown, like so many do. Very pretty card.
    Hugs!

13. Cathy A says:

Heather, the flowers look wonderful against the musical background.

14. ednamburgess says:

I don’t remember seeing this before, but love the card. I have these stamps and haven’t used them in a while, but will again now. Thanks for the reminder.