Musical thanks

As I have said before on this blog we often have need of musically themed cards in this house.  This one is made using the Penny Black music background stamp which I love because it is big and the music can cover a whole card base if necessary. For this card I just stamped it in grey on a panel and then used marker to ink the iris stamp. Before stamping it I spritzed it with water so the image would “bleed” a little then finished the panel off with some sponging and a sentiment.

Several people have asked what I use for sponging; I cut circular sponges into quarters which you can see in my sponging tutorial post here.

Thanks for dropping in today; I hope you have a great week.

Stamps: Music background, Irises (Penny Black), Kind Thanks (SU)
Inks:  Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Going Gray (SU)
Cardstock: MFP 100lb white, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant

14 Comments on “Musical thanks”

1. Susan:) says:

Hello Heather
    What a beautiful card, you have just used two stamps, but the effect with combining them and using the tranquil Purple palette is just stunning.
    Smiles:)

2. Marja says:

Gorgeous Heather. So soft, simple and beautiful. Love the soft background.
    lovely greet
    Marja

3. Ericka says:

Hello, I discover your work and I would like to congratulate for your beautiful cards. Excuse my english, I’m french and I don’t write often in this language.
    Ericka

4. Judy says:

This card is simply lovely, Heather!!

5. Laura Jane says:

LOVELY, LOVELY..spoken in “Emma’s” Miss Bates fashion!

6. sue says:

I love the watercolor look of the iris, Heather. This is an elegant, soft, beautiful card anyone would be happy to receive, musical or not.

7. Ellie Knol says:

So elegant and the colors are vibrant yet delicate! LOVE it!

The irises look absolutely beautiful (is it spring yet?) on the subtle background. Gorgeous!

9. What a beauty! The floral image is gorgeous over the subtle background. Gorgeous card as alway!

10. Vicky says:

How beautiful this is Heather! I like the purple tones you’ve used and the spritzing has really softened the background.

11. Terri says:

I like that you muted the background, but didn’t make it brown, like so many do. Very pretty card.
    Hugs!

12. Cathy A says:

Heather, the flowers look wonderful against the musical background.