Before the snow disappears

I’m not sure why this card didn’t get posted around Christmas time but as we still have snow I think it is ok to post it now. It was very straight forward to make as you can probably see. I masked the top and the bottom with post-it notes and then spattered masking fluid randomly. I used a brayer to apply marina mist ink and then stamped the same little tree stamp several times.

That’s all there was to it.

Thank you everyone for your comments yesterday about my new design team position with Penny Black stamps. I am very excited to be part of the team and really appreciate your encouragement and enthusiasm to see what I will be creating. Thank you to all the new followers I have too.

Stamps:Small tree stamp from Embassy Arts, All Year Cheer (SU)
Inks:   Marina Mist(SU)Versafine Onyx black
Cardstock:   MFP White

17 Comments on “Before the snow disappears”

1. heather, I absolutely love this card and as soon as I get my hands on some masking fluid will be trying this technique out. I can’t wait to see what you have for us next.

2. valerie says:

Beautiful Heather, definitely a technique I must try! Just signed up for email alerts from you as I think we are losing anyone not on blog.spot.
    Val x

3. Laura M. says:

Your work is beautiful and unique! BTW, what is “masking fluid” and where does one get it?

4. sue says:

You make it sound so simple to do! I’m going to try my hand at this little gem. We’ll see just how simple it is!

5. Rene says:

This is such a beautiful card. I am so glad I found your site. TFS>

6. Cathy A says:

Ohhh lovely and wintery

7. Ann Y. says:

Beautiful as always.

8. Janet says:

So simple, yet so dazzling. What kind of paper is MFP 100lb white?

I do like how you use the masking fluid to create the big snowflakes for your scene. Another beautiful winter card!

10. Vicky says:

This masking fluid technique creates a really dramatic effect! A gorgeous card Heather!

11. This is absolutely stunning. I hope you don’t mind, I have made an attempt to copy this. I’m really pleased with it and will try to make something more original now I’ve tried it once 🙂
    Anne
    x

12. Katie says:

Gorgeous!

13. Jenny Rawling says:

Wow! I just discovered your blog through PB and I wanted to say how beautiful and original all your work is! I will definitely be following your blog.

14. Dana.C. says:

Your card is beautiful and I am so happy that I found your site through Penny Black. I am only sorry that I found your work this late in the cardmaking game. I am also happy that you are Canadian too. I love your work and I also love using inks and bold colours to make background images as well. I am not familiar with this masking fluid that you talk about. What is this really and where can I purchase it here in Canada? I so love the way that you add a shadow to your tree images creating a snow like effect. Do you think that you will ever do a tutorial to show how you do this? Congrats on being with the Penny Black team. Great to see that my friend Kathy and Jill have some great company with you and your creativity. Big Hugs.

15. Joy says: