Having another Penny Black Day!

Believe or not I am being featured again on the Penny Black blog today. The exciting news is that I am now a member of the Penny Black design team. I will be posting over at the PB blog regularly and you will see more PB creations here on my blog too. I am thrilled and a little nervous about joining such a talented team of designers.

Both these cards were masked first and in the case of the top one I masked within the big square so I could sponge one season colour scheme at a time. I then added water droplets and  the text before stamping the tree.

In the moonscape card I punched a circle from a post it note for my moon and placed a hill mask before sponging the sky. I used two more hill masks for snow drifts and then stamped the image in black. To create the shadow I inked the fence and stamped it on a piece of clear plastic which I could then position and press onto the snow for a mirror image.

Stamps: Berry red, snow white (Penny Black), Splendor (PB), Letter Background (PB)
Inks:  (1st card) Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Marina Mist, Early Espresso
(2nd card)
Marina Mist, Going Gray,Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: MFP 100lb white

29 Comments on “Having another Penny Black Day!”

1. Pam Sparks says:

WOW Heather! Awesome creations! Love them both but the second one really makes me want to make it!!! Hey, what does the MFP stand for in the card-stock you used? Thanks!
    Gorgeous cards!!!

2. Laura Jane says:

Your art is amazing! I am enjoying walking through your blog and learning new techniques.
    Thanks for sharing your magic!

3. diana says:

Congratulations! I’ll be looking for your cards on the PB blog. TFS 😉

4. doris says:

Two knockout cards–WOW!

5. Lisa J says:

Just have to tell you…..I love your cards!!!! I save photos from Blogs to inspire me. I have them in a folder named favorite samples, which I browse through when I’m looking for something to make. That folder is half filled with just yours. Love the artsy look & the simplicity of your cards!

6. Judy says:

Your cards are stunning, Heather! Congratulations on being selected for the Penny Black design team!

7. Artistic and stylish cards Heather. Congratulations on your wonderful news!

8. suemcrae says:

Fantastic cards and congrats on joining the Penny Black team!

9. Marja says:

These creations are so gorgeous Heather. Very artistic and the snow card I love him. Such a beautiful work. Congrats with your DS team membership. Fantastic.
    Lovely greet Marja

10. Hi Heather, Welcome to the team and you are such a perfect addition. Your cards are so artistic and breathtaking. Looking forward to working with you. Hugs, Kathy

11. Bahb says:

Penny Black is sooooooooo lucky!

I bought the stamp with the fence in such a rush when what I had intended to buy was the OTHER berry branch you did
    WITHOUT the fence, a couple of weeks ago. I hadn’t used it yet but must have been awaiting inspiration from you…..AGAIN!

Your artistry is SUCH a gift to look at.

Thanks,
    Bahb

12. sue says:

Love your first card — the colors of the squares, and the way you did it, are awesome. Very colorful and happy-looking! What a great, and easy, shadow technique for your second card.! I looks great, and something easy to try. Your berry red stamp looks totally different in this card! Both cards are lovely. Congrats to Penny Black — they were lucky to get you. And so are we.

13. Linda says:

Really lovely cards-looking forward to more of your beautiful projects.

Congratulations, Heather! It will be so inspiring to see regula PB inspiration from you. The two cards today… beautiful!

Arggghhhh, of course that should be “regular”. 😛

16. Mary Tilman says:

Congratulations on your appointment to the Penny Black Design team. I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous and inspiring work.

17. Sandy Knecht says:

Both cards are gorgeous! You will be a good asset to Penny Black.

18. Ann says:

Of course PB want you on their team – you have a wonderful talent Heather! Your cards are works of art. Congratulations!

19. Cathy A says:

Both gorgeous projects heather, glad you are on the team

20. Ann Y. says:

Congratulations! I love both cards, but the blocks of color behind that black tree are really fabulous.

21. Congratulations – lovely to see your style & to learn some more about how to create scenery.
    The shadows & the snow layers are what makes these live so beautifully & it’s very interesting to see the PB stamps used in this manner.
    Paula (PEP)

22. Vicky says:

What exciting news Heather! I’m so pleased you’ve joined the team – they are lucky to have you! These two cards are just perfect as always – I particularly like the second as I love these nature scenes. The shadow is very effective!

23. Victoria R says:

Those gals at Penny Black are talented but you are just as talented! Love both your cards today!

24. Aundria B. says:

Love these cards – so colorful, artistic and beautiful! Thank you for sharing these lovelies!

25. Jean Cross says:

I had to pin this and attempt to do one. I just love it. Thank you so much for sharing. I love all of your work

26. Iris Mcnab says:

Hi,Heather…Wow! More amazing cards! You are very talented indeed! I just love the simplicity of your creations,you layer,but not bulky,perfect for Christmas Cards as I send many in the mail. Thanks for all your inspiration!

27. Connie says:

Just love your moody cards. I would really like to know how you achieved the card with the Penny Black Splendor stamp and the 4 colours to depict the 4 seasons. What medium did you use and how was it applied? For example, did you first mask the squares, then do the wash, then stamp a script background, and then sprinkle water drops before stamping the Splendor in the centre of the square? Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation!

28. Lisa Lara says:

This is so unbelievably amazing Heather. I LOVE your snow scene. Oh I am in awe.