Hand drawn floral

I made this for my mother’s birthday last month. The fact that I have a postal disorder which prevents me from ever mailing anything promptly partly explains why it has taken me so long to post this card.  I also wanted to be sure that she had it in her hand before she saw it here on the blog.

I posted some similar cards recently where I painted a word with masking fluid and doodled all around the masking. To create this card I did the same with the masking fluid but drew all the flowers and foliage with watercolour pencils and fine liner and then added a little sponging at the end.

I hope your weekend is bright and sunny;  it was here today.

Markers & Pencils: Black Prismacolor Fine line markers, Faber Castell watercolour pencils
Inks: bashful blue, pretty in pink, certainly celery
Cardstock: MFP Watercolour cardstock
AlsoWinsor & Newton masking fluid

11 Comments on “Hand drawn floral”

1. Donna H says:

It’s a work of art.

2. ND says:

This is one instance where the quality of the photo image does not measure up to the quality of the card. We agree that it is a work of art; it is also a work of love. We always enjoy seeing the cards on the blog. It is a special joy when, from time to time, we receive the “real thing”, even if it occasionally arrives after the event. (We can always blame the postal service.)

ND & RJ

3. SO very pretty, Heather!! You’ve inspired me to get some masking fluid and give this a try. I’ve just unearthed my watercolor paints and papers, and just today posted a card I made where I used paints on my rubber stamps as a basis for the image. If you’d like to see it, go to http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com.

LOL, I too suffer the same affliction as “postal disorder”, but it also applies to bringing the card down from my Paper Jungle and HANDING the card to my hubby, e.g., for Valentine’s Day. It was MADE in plenty of time, but I neeeeeded to photograph it first, and then needed to remember to bring it downstairs. He loved it (it too is on my blog). I’d like to work toward being more timely in the future.

Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    e-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

4. Judy says:

Such a lovely card– a little work of art!!

5. Lynn Brown says:

Just beautiful. I have been trying this since you posted the idea a few weeks ago, but with stamping, terrible results so far!
    Linbyx

6. diana says:

Lovely! TFS 😉

7. Bahb says:

I finally got the masking fluid but Lynn’s comment suggests my idea to stamp, rather than doodle, might not work. Your doodle is “ART”. My doodle is ….,.well, I’m gonna try anyway because that masking fluid is expensive and SUCH a great idea.

Thanks for fabulous inspiration, Heather.

Bahb

So… wow. Such a beautiful card. Not only are the so-called doodles (really much more than doodles, I think) beautiful, but also your lettering is very classy. I keep trying to figure out how I could accidentally “drop by” your place for some lessons next time I’m in Ottawa! 😀 Not sure they’d help me, though…
    (I mostly suffer from postal disorder at Christmas, when the volume — i.e. more than one at a time — overwhelms me.)

9. Aundria B. says:

What a beautiful card – love this technique and will have to give it a try. Your lettering is very well done and your doodles are so pretty!

10. Ann Y. says:

So pretty. You work magic with masking fluid. I must pick some up and give it a try! I love your hand-drawn flowers and the soft sponging you added at the end.

11. MarjaS says:

What a fabulous card so glad i have found your blog with so many wonderful creations. Gr marja