Warm flowers

In a complete departure from the blues, greys and mauves of winter I have created a warm toned birthday card with Pumpkin Pie, Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip.  Despite the fact that orange has never been a favourite colour of mine I often reach for the pumpkin pie ink and cardstock.

To create the flower panel I stamped the branch in versamark and embossed in clear before sponging in all three colours listed above.  There is very little shadow but you might just be able to see that this panel is popped up a little off the card base.  I did try several combinations of layers and mattes but came back to this simple mix of ivory on pumpkin pie.

Inside the card I stamped a pale image by stamping it off on scrap first and then applying to the cardstock.

Thanks for dropping by;  I will back with more warm tones later this week and then I’ll probably lapse back into the winter inspired cards!

Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Teensy Tiny Wishes
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory, Pumpkin Pie
Also:  Clear e.p.

11 Comments on “Warm flowers”

1. ND says:

Yes! I like it very much and am happy to be the first to comment.

ND

2. Heather this is stunning!!

3. sue says:

I love this! The colors are beautiful and warm. I like the idea of popping the panel, and backing it with one of the colors. I also really like stamping the branch inside the card, after off-stamping — what a lovely way to make an impression on the inside of a card!

4. nancy littrell says:

Heather, your card is so warm and beautiful. I love the simplicity and your graduated colors. My DH just walked by and said, “that’s really nice” and he has great taste 😉 TFS

5. Frieda says:

Heather,

diese Karte ist wunder-wundervoll!!!

Soooo schön !

lg Frieda

6. Joan V says:

Heather, this is so pretty. Thank you for reminding me to use my versamark ink and embossing. Little reminders are great inspirations. Thank you for sharing.

7. Ruthie says:

very pretty!!!! I love your work!

This is gorgeous! Love the clean layout. And the sponging… wow, as always!

9. Kim says:

Hi Heather! I enjoy following your blog and have given you an award for all the great ideas you share. Check out my blog for more information. http://therobbsbloggingalong.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-award.html

10. Lovely card Heather! thanks for sharing, greetz, Miranda

11. Kathie says:

This card is beautiful! I made a similar card to this, thanks to you!