Moon on the horizon

The Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast this week is A Day in the Snow.  It may be stretching it a little but here is my scene at the end of a day in the snow or perhaps the beginning, before all the fresh snow has been played in!

I used post-it notes to mask my moon and horizon first then sponged my sky in Amethyst and Navy.  After removing the moon mask I added a little bit of grey sponging across the moon.  I stamped the large tree after removing the horizon mask and then sponged the snowy hills in grey one at a time by moving the mask down and over a little each time.

When I was in the CAS101 gallery looking at the cards already posted I noticed an “enough already” card!  I can understand the thought but here in Ottawa our snow disappeared and we had to start again so I am looking forward to more this weekend!

Stamps: Branch Out, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Night of Navy, Going Gray, Basic black, Almost Amethyst
Cardstock: Flourishes classic white

9 Comments on “Moon on the horizon”

1. Ruthie says:

this is beautiful!!!! I love your work!!!!

2. Debbie says:

Beautifully snowy scene.

3. sue says:

This is so calm, peaceful, and beautiful. The touch of gray across the moon really accents it. This is a beautiful snowy evening, and I want to pop this panel off your card and frame it! Gorgeous, Heather.

4. Dallas says:

I agree ~ I’d love to pop this off your card and frame it!

Still hoping that you’ll give a detailed tutorial for something like this ’cause I’m not at all sure how to do each step but I just LOVE all your masking and sponging!

5. Lynne Hurlburt says:

Love the card, great job. TFS We are getting the snow right now ( we are outside of St. Catharines ) and I hear it is heading your way. Have a good one. Hugs n’ Stuff, Lynne

6. Bahb says:

Sixty two thousand tutorials wouldn’t help me a bit! That’s about how many skies I’ve sponged since your first Northern lights card I loved so much. Each sky I did got a bit better, but this morning I dabbed a bit of Aspen Mist (VersaColor I think) around the head of a sea gull and totally wrecked that card because the sponge had a tiny drop of concentrated ink I hadn’t noticed before it hit the cardstock. In trying to smooth the ink, I brushed a tiny drop of water across it and instantly dissolved the first layer of the paper. I’m JINXED!!!!!!

Your card is magnificent, again.

Hi Heather, another gorgeous card! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I will try to comment more often… I don’t call mayself a bashful blogger for nothing! 😉

8. Donna H says:

Just found your blog and love your style. These cards are beautiful. Your blog is very pleasing to the eye and I just subscribed. I know I will draw inspiration from you as I enter the world of blogging. I just started a week ago.

9. Anke says:

Absolutely stunning Heather !!!