A trio

I have been wanting to make a few cards featuring designer paper as the main event rather than stamped images .  I was inspired by Susan, Donelda and Karen who have all created some clever designs with patterned paper.  The one above is a classic layout that I have seen done beautifully in many places.

In the second card I wanted to make the most of the lovely design on the paper without doing much to it; splitting the panel achieved the effect I was after.  The card below started out on ivory with a portrait orientation but it suffered a nasty sentiment placement accident and underwent fairly drastic surgery before emerging as the card you see below.  I have repeated the four circles inside the card but with halves instead of whole.

Thanks for dropping by today; I hope to be back soon with a card for the OLW challenge, which is right up my alley this week!

Stamps: Ageless Adornment, All Year Cheer, Fundamental Phrases
Inks: Artichoke
Cardstock: Mellow Moss, Le Jardin Designer paper, Flourishes Classic Ivory

8 Comments on “A trio”

1. *Chrissie* says:

I haven’t used this technique in quite a while, but once more you’ve given me the inspiration to try again!
    These cards are truly beautiful!
    Together with a friend, I will be starting a new challenge blog called ”Less is More”, a challenge blog for Clean & Simple cards. I really hope you’ll be able to join us!
    Chrissie

2. Ruthie says:

I love what you have done with just the paper and a sentiment! You certainly inspire me!

3. nancy littrell says:

My favorite kind of card….using DP as the focal point. I love how you have kept your designs CAS. TFS

4. Joan V says:

Oh, these are all so pretty. These look like a clean and simple and fast card to make. Thank you for sharing.

5. LaNell says:

Oh, my gosh! I love this. Thanks for a great inspiration. I have scraps and some beautiful DP I can do with this inspiration. THANKS

6. Heather, you’re inspiring me to break out the dp again. It’s been a while….

These are so lovely!

7. Hello Heather, love your artwork and we have a lot of it in commmon! Warm greetz from the Netherlands, Miranda

These are gorgeous! When you have beautiful paper, it’s nice to give it the chance to shine.