A while ago I hosted the One Layer Wednesday challenge with a one colour, one stamp, one sentiment card. (you can see it here). When I was working on that card I stamped the flower stamp, Dazzling on the plastic imaging sheet I use with my stamp positioning tool (stamp-a-ma-jig). I needed to use the tool to decide where to place the stamp on my one layer card. The image in blue ink stayed on the plastic sheet for days. The ink had formed into droplets almost immediately but had not dried up at all. After seeing it there untouched I decided to see what it would look liked stamped onto cardstock. The panel above is the result. The flower is basically the same but is made up of little ink droplets and the occasional air bubble. I thought it was quite a cool effect and shows that it is not always best to clean up straight away; inspiration may strike a few days later!
Watercolour and poppies. A combination I love to use. Karen made a lovely watercolour poppy card this week also. Did you see it?
To create this panel I dampened the water colour block with a paintbrush and water, inked the poppy stamp with Memento inks: Bamboo leaves for the stems and Cantaloupe for the blooms and stamped it on the damp paper. The colour bled immediately so I waited a little while before stamping the poppies again in the same place. I then used water colour pencils to fill in the petals and buds before blending the pencil with a paintbrush. The background Summer Sky ink applied with a paintbrush. To paint with ink from a stamp pad I just stamp the pad onto an acrylic block then use a damp brush to pick up some colour and paint it on the panel.
A Mothers’ Day card would definitely fit the bill for the challenge on the Penny Black blog. You can read about it here.
If at first you don’t succeed go back to something tried and true. After fiddling around with a new stamp and some fussy cutting unsuccessfully I decided to create another card with last week’s sketch from CAS(E)this sketch. I know they have a new sketch up but this one really appealed and worked for me last week so I am using it again, and maybe even again.
Same technique, a masked rectangle, some sponging in blue and pink and the spotty blossoms stamped several times in pink while the masks were still in place. After I removed the masks I stamped the branch again in pink then slightly higher in black and did the same with the sentiment.
There are blossoms here in Ottawa, not in my yard, but it won’t be long.
Have you heard about the new challenge on the Penny Black blog. You can read about it here.