Blue flower by surprise

Blue flower

A while ago I hosted the One Layer Wednesday challenge with a one colour, one stamp, one sentiment card. (you can see it here). When I was working on that card I stamped the flower stamp, Dazzling on the plastic imaging sheet I use with my stamp positioning tool (stamp-a-ma-jig). I needed to use the tool to decide where to place the stamp on my one layer card. The image in blue ink stayed on the plastic sheet for days. The ink had formed into droplets almost immediately but had not dried up at all. After seeing it there untouched I decided to see what it would look liked stamped onto cardstock. The panel above is the result. The flower is basically the same but is made up of little ink droplets and the occasional air bubble. I thought it was quite a cool effect and shows that it is not always best to clean up straight away; inspiration may strike a few days later!

Stamps: So Blessed, Dazzling (PB)
Inks: Memento Paris Dusk (Tsukineko)

7 Comments on “Blue flower by surprise”

1. Char says:

What a fun surprise and clever way to make lemonade from your delightful lemon!

2. Dew laden flower….beautiful! I am a cleaner-upper straight away as I have a small working area and I’m rather accident prone….! :O) Lovely card and sentiment, thanks for the inspiration!

3. Jan Castle says:

Cool idea!!! Makes for an entirely different look! Thanks for sharing Heather!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

4. Mary H. says:

Really a neat look. I have never had this much stamp ink left on my plastic after aligning the tool. Clever you to see this and think what to do with it. Made a lovely image. TFS

5. Lynette says:

So very, very cool! I always love when things like that happen:)

Isn’t it great when happy accidents happen like this beautiful flower? And to think I already procrastinate about cleaning up…

7. Cathy says:

Such an awesome card from your leftover ink! Cathy x