Snow forest

Snowy scenes and thank you cards will keep on popping up on the blog. This one made with the PB stamp, ‘snow forest’, was very simple to make. I put the stamp in the stamp positioner then inked part of it in Catherine Poolers ‘icing on the cake’ ink, stamped then randomly inked in ‘over coffee’, stamped and finally the same with ‘eucalyptus’ ink. With the whole image stamped I blended the larger distinct tree trunks with water to get the watercolour effect.

I ended up painting over some areas, not all, with water also which softened the contrasts but still left light and dark areas. I pressed the three inks onto my glass mat so I could pick up ink to paint the snowy forest floor.

To complete the card I matted in dark green cardstock and die cut a banner for the sentiment. I embossed the sentiment with weathered white powder which gives an antique, and I think, snowy effect.

Supplies

Stamps: snow forest, banner sentiments

Dies: a pocketfull

Inks: eucalyptus, icing on the cake, over coffee (Catherine Pooler), versamark

Paper: hot pressed watercolour, green cardstock

Also: MISTI, weathered white embossing powder, glass mat

6 Comments on “Snow forest”

1. Karen Jackson says:

Beautiful. It is like a fairytale forest. The snowy floor is just brilliant. Brrr.

Very pretty Heather and the colours give it that vintage feel too. x

3. Theresa Petermann says:

Such a lovely card Heather. Amazing coloring. thanks as always for sharing.

4. Jacqueline Groff says:

Love your card. Would love to see step-by-step procedure to the end product.

5. Julie says:

Beautiful depth of field you’ve created with the image and inks, Heather, and with a lovely vintage feel.

6. Christine says:

This amazing. It looks more like a photo than something that was stamped. The colour variation makes a big difference.