DazzlingPosted: September 15, 2017
I have some happy flowers to share today. I stamped them with distress stains for a loose watercolour look.
Using a yellow and an orange stain I inked the petals and stamped one flower at a time. To overlap the flowers so that one appeared in front of the other I wiped stain off parts of the stamp before stamping next to the previous image. While the stain was still a little damp on the paper I inked only the centres of the flowers in brown and the stems in green then stamped over the yellow and orange. That way I was able to get soft blends but not lose too much definition.
You can see in my two examples I have varied the amount of colour and the amount of time between adding colours. When all the stain was dry I added some splatter around and over the flowers.
I added framed one panel with some orange cardstock and left the other filling the whole card base.
I think they are rather cheery.