Butterfly Trio

After waiting patiently through a longer than usual spring, summer finally seems to have arrived in Ottawa. The sunny days are punctuated with frequent rain but at least it is shorts and sandals weather! The background for today’s butterfly card seems pretty summery to me.

I used alcohol inks on yupo paper to create the background then attached the yupo to white cardstock before die-cutting the butterfly trio from the panel. I also die cut the butterflies from  white fun foam so I could pop the trio up out of the background. I did not replace the little die cut shapes in the wings but matted the whole panel in teal instead to create a frame that matched the wings and the sentiment.

I hope the sun is shining where you are.

Supplies

Dies: butterfly trio, doodles (PB)
Inks: sunshine yellow, stream, pesto alcohol inks (Ranger)
Cardstock: yupo, solar white (Neenah), teal cardstock

9 Comments on “Butterfly Trio”

1. Shauna Todd says:

I just LOVE this card! The colors and composition are AWESOME!

2. bonnielynnh says:

Beautiful card Heather, love the colors!

3. waue gorgeous colours and great composition, love the butterflies on the card to

4. Karen Jackson says:

An amazing card for summer Heather. How clever to use die cut fun foam to raise the butterflies. Well done!

This is stunning Heather and the colour combination is gorgeous. I adore the die cut butterflies and the dark blue card behind brings out the other colours beautifully. x

6. Clelie says:

Wow…you just opened up a whole new ‘thought process’ for my stack of alcohol inked fronts! Now my little mind is spinning with excitement! ♥♥♥

I did see you had another rainfall weather statement last night. 😦 The teal looks great with the background!

8. memalagene says:

WOWZERS! This is gorgeous!

9. lollthompson says:

Gorgeous alcohol inks panel, Heather. And an amazing design. LOVE the teal paper backing that shows through your pretty butterflies. xx