Elephant congrats

elephant congrats Heather Telford

With fond memories of the One Layer Simplicity challenge I decided to make a one layer card for the current Case This Sketch challenge.

I masked my card base and stamped the ‘tribal’ stamp from Darkroom Door in distress inks. I stamped one colour after another just inking part of the pattern each time. With the mask still in place I sponged over the stamping in the colours listed below. Next I repositioned my first mask and added a second mask to reveal a thin strip of cardbase above the pattern then sponged with fired brick distress ink. To complete the design I stamped an elephant and a sentiment in fired brick ink.

elephant congrats Heather Telford

Stamps: All Occasions,  Tribal,  African Trees (Darkroom Door)
Inks:   Distress wild honey, spiced marmalade, fired brick, vintage photo inks (Ranger)
Cardstock: neenah natural white cardstock

8 Comments on “Elephant congrats”

1. Clelie says:

I LOVE it!..and I can relate to that ‘plodding elephant’, too! 🙂

Plodding to reach a goal rather makes me think of the hare and the tortoise Heather and your elephant is a great silhouette image and the sentiment fits there nicely. The tribal patterns look great inked up with the yellow, orange, red and brown. A fabulous CAS one layer card. x

Amazing the depth and interest achieved on this one-layer card! (The one I’m working on at the moment seems to be proceeding at elephant-plod speed, definitely not gazelle-like grace.)

4. Leigh Penner says:

I love this! Wonderful take on the sketch!

5. Liz in NH says:

This is fun, and I’d like a stamp of your last line,

“Some goals are reached with much elephant-like plodding rather than the speed of a gazelle!”

for the inside of the card!

6. As I already told you on Instagram… this card also take me back to my beloved country… LOVE the way you used the sketch! Love the rich earthy colors. Perfect.
    Thanks for playing at CTS!

7. Heidi says:

Great use of the sketch! It is such a vibrant look!

8. Mary H says:

SO COOL! Great design, love it.