You’ve Been Spotted

This week Penny Black and the design team members are taking some time to honour some stampers who make Penny Black stamps shine.

spotted blog graphic

There is a wealth of creativity shared on the  Penny Circle Flickr gallery and this lovely butterfly card from  Helentheheffalump really caught my eye.

Butterfly Blue by Helentheheffalump

Helen has a Flickr gallery and a blog featuring many Penny Black stamps on beautiful cards. This card appealed to me for several reasons. The blue and black work really well with Kraft cardstock (I am always impressed by pretty Kraft cards because I have never had much success with Kraft). I also like this CAS layout especially with a little texture and twine thrown in.

With the inspiration of Helen’s butterfly in front of me I decided to give Kraft cardstock a go…

Yellow umbrellas

Stamps: April Showers (PB)
Inks: Versamark Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Some Kraft I found in the drawer
Also: white embossing powderFaber-Castell Polychromos pencils, yellow and white embroidery thread

11 Comments on “You’ve Been Spotted”

1. Trish Reddick says:

Oh I love kraft cards and these are just gorgeous! LOve, love, love it!

2. Marja says:

Marvelous Heather, this paper, colors and butterfly.
    lovely greet
    Marja

The yellow looks so cheery on the kraft, Heather! And I like your description of where you got it, too. I think I’ll need one of those umbrellas today…

4. Jan Castle says:

Nicely done Heather! Helen’s card knocks your socks off doesn’t it!!!!! WOW! TFS

5. sathyakala says:

Gorgeous cards!!

6. Tanis S says:

Very pretty. Yellow also compliments kraft really nicely, as does white.

7. Mary H. says:

Loved your inspiration – great colors combined & well executed embossed trim on the kraft. Yours was very pretty as the bright yellow against the kraft made me think of Fla. beaches. With some sun umbrellas for shade! Loved both these cards. TFS

8. RosC says:

Both cards are lovely…agree absolutely that light blue and black look great on Kraft. My problem (and learning therefore) has been that it’s harder to make the applied colours intense. You’ve managed it perfectly with the umbrellas.
    Ros.

9. Helen says:

Thanks so much Heather for picking my card – what a lovely surprise! :0)
    I love your sunny yellow umbrellas against the kraft – looks fab!
    Helen x

10. Vicki B says:

I have that butterfly stamp set and haven’t used it yet. I know what I’ll be doing today. And I have the umbrella set as well. Great set to do paper piecing. Love both cards!

11. Karen says:

These are beautiful! I love the way the pencils look on the kraft paper. So fresh and pretty! Thanks so much for the class on Saturday. I had a great time and went home and sponged up a storm!