Venetian Summer

Venice watercolour

I have another new stamp from the Penny Black 2013 Take Flight Catalog today. This whole scene is quite appealing when the weather is white and -26°C (-15°F) outside. A sun hat, a sundress, a walk around Venice sounds rather nice.

To watercolour this scene I first stamped it on watercolour paper in Versafine Majestic Blue ink. I then stamped it again on a post-it note so I could make a mask of the girl. I positioned the mask over the girl while I coloured and blended the background with watercolour pencils and water (I sponged the sky, as I would). After removing the mask I coloured the girl also with watercolour pencils and blended my colouring with water.

For a chance to win this stamp and four other new stamps visit the Penny Black blog today and leave a comment.

Stamps: Venetian Summer (PB)
Inks: Versafine Majestic Blue, Memento Summer Sky (Tsukineko)
Also: Faber-Castell watercolour pencils
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper,  Clear Skies and Grand Canyon Mix & Match Papers

15 Comments on “Venetian Summer”

1. Bahb says:

“Nobody does it better……”, set to music, of course.

Just gorgeous! The skin, the buildings, the shading, everything perfect!

Bahb

2. She is one classy lady! I love your colouring – it would look nice on a canvas! xx

3. KK says:

Beautifully and effectively coloured – lovely image x

4. Marcy Bennett says:

In awe over your creations. What a wonderful talent you have! Penny Black is difficult to come by in my area, and I don’t know why. (Twin Cities area of MN) Thanks for the link to the PB site for the entry. Anxious to see their site, and what the other designers come up with. If they are anything close to your talent, it will take me hours!

5. Gabby says:

Very nice stamps, design and coloring! 🙂

6. Elaine says:

Beautifully coloured!

7. rdhhall says:

Thanks for sharing the name of the watercolor paper you use. I have been telling myself if only I had the right paper my projects would turn out nearly as beautiful as Heather’s. HaHa! Anyway, now can try another project with the very paper you use. Thanks for sharing. Wish me luck.

8. shirley-bee says:

Another fabulous card, Heather! I love the colouring on the buildings.

I think you may use people on your cards about as much as I do, but perhaps you should use them more often — this is (as your card says) gorgeous. Beautifully watercoloured.

10. Beautiful coloring or painting. You are so talented. I saw this on fb.

11. Tracy says:

This is not helping me with trying not to buy any more stamps! It’s beautiful heather, Tracy x

12. The coloring on this beautiful stamp is exquisite. Love all your shades of blue!

13. I just love Venetian Summer, I could see myself using it in so many ways.

14. Anne from France says:

I voted this as my favourite set yesterday! I liked them all but this I saw as simple and elegant. I adore the way you coloured this…beautifully done. I just don’t have success with stamping on H2o paper…the grain doen’t allow a crisp image.TFS…superb work!

15. Bravo Heather! Incredible what you’ve done here….blows my mind!!