Another Autumn Leaf

The challenge at Less is More this week is to follow an autumn theme. The autumn colours around here have been wonderful this year so I tried to replicate them in my card.

I sponged a selection of colours over an area the same size as my leaf stamp then inked the leaf with versamark and stamped it over the sponging. After embossing in clear I brayered the whole panel with dark brown. I like the fact that there are “embossing powder splatters” even though they weren’t intentional. I inked the sentiment with a few of the sponging colours to continue the theme.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stamps: Maple Leaf, Thinking of You (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Peanut Brittle, Morocco,Pear Tart, Tangelo, Versafine Vintage Sepia  & Versamark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Penny Black Mix & Match Papers Fall Festival
Also: Clear e.p.

18 Comments on “Another Autumn Leaf”

1. Mary H. says:

Each one gets more beautiful than the previous one! This one is the greatest…Thanks for sharing.

2. Chrissie says:

This is a superb effect Heather… I too love the interest given by the embossing powder spatters, a superb card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    “Less is More”

3. Janet Castle says:

Beatiful leaf card…sounds like an easy technique…TFS Heather!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

4. KK says:

A nice variation of ‘Joseph’s Coat’ and those splatters are great x

5. Sally H says:

Wow, Heather! That is stunning! I love it. I must try that technique – Thanks for sharing

6. Aileen says:

Beautifully done Heather

7. Another brilliant autumnal card! I love the splatters of embossing powder too! xx

8. Elaine says:

Beautiful colouring and I love the coloured words too!!

9. Maureen Chandler says:

What a cool idea and a lovely result! Thanks so much for sharing this technique!!! 🙂

10. Rhonda says:

I hate to sound stupid but I guess I’m more of a visual learner. Do you sponge the colors on the card or your stamp before using the versamark? The square background looks black rather than sponged with multiple colors. But maybe that is just the brown brayered on afterwards. Thanks for any help – it sounds easy enough until I started thinking. That’s when I got in trouble.

11. Brenda in Indy says:

Wow, this is so beautiful!

12. shirley-bee says:

Love how vibrant the leaf looks against the brown background, and the spattering definitely adds to the effect.

13. Paulette S says:

Heather, the inking on your card work is so interesting. I had to reread what you did to get it. And what neat results.

I do like it when unintentional works out! (And, of course, not so much when it doesn’t…) Love the multi-inked sentiment, too!

15. GinaA says:

This is a stunning creation, your inked background showing through the clear embossing is just fabulous and the splatted effect from the stray powder just adds to the charm. Must try this technique again soon, its ages since I did this sort of inking, yours is inspirational.

16. jane brown says:

Wow what a clever card, love the techniques you used and I like the splatters!

17. Greta H says:

Oh you have inspired me! I’m going to get out my leaves & do this with them. I agree, the splatters are a great touch–just say you planned it!

18. Viv says: