Bamboo & moonlight

One layer cards are being featured on the Penny Black blog today so I was more than happy to prepare one.

My one layer cards usually involve masking and this one is no exception. I masked the right hand side and the moon with post-it notes then sponged the colour on lightest to darkest green adding a few bamboo branches in each shade of green. After removing the masks I stamped the bamboo and sentiment in black.

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by.

Supplies

Stamps: Free Flight , Bamboo branch (PB)
Ink: Memento  New Sprout, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves & Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)

17 Comments on “Bamboo & moonlight”

1. Edna Siu says:

it is a beautiful card, I love the light to dark shade of the bamboo.

2. Ellie Knol says:

This is just perfect!!! Gorgeous…

3. Dianne Beans says:

Your card is beautiful. I am always inspired by your talent.

4. valerie says:

Gorgeous Heather, love the shading and the colours you’ve used!
    Val x

5. Heather the soft fade to the left accentuates the maksed moon on the right brilliantly! Fabulous one-layer design!

6. Sally H says:

Oh wow, Heather! This is stunning! I love the graduation in colour – just gorgeous!

7. Barb king says:

That is fantastic! So many layers, it’s really lovely.

The green bamboo images do give the background a flight-like quality! And I have all those Memento greens… may have to get inspired!

9. pattisj says:

I LOVE this card!

10. sue says:

Heather, this is gorgeous! The graduated shading of the green, the bamboo in both black and green, the bright white moon! — gosh, it all comes together to be so very striking. I love it!

11. Again! You’ve taken my breath away. Another GORGEOUS creation.

12. Cheryl says:

Wow Heather, This one-layer is gorgeous! The shading of the green is amazing, and such a beautiful sentiment too.

13. Vicky says:

Just beautiful Heather! Leaving the white margin on the right hand side was a lovely idea.

14. You really encouraged me to have another go with sponging & finally after years of trying to get a decent blend I’ve managed it. I’ve linked my post to yours for I wanted to give you the credit – hope that’s OK & thank you.
    Paula (PEP)

15. Cathy A says:

Heather this is stunning

16. Ann Y. says:

That crisp white strip on the right is stunning. Beautiful inking. Love the placement of the sentiment. Gorgeous