A posy saved from the discard pile

How often do you make a card only to mess it up when you add the sentiment? Maybe it only happens to me! Too many times I have just about finished only to smudge, double stamp or badly position the sentiment.

When I made panel on the card above the sentiment was just above the lower right corner and it did not look good! I tried restamping it on an oval which I matted with a scalloped oval but that didn’t work with the rest of the panel. The best option seemed to slice the offending sentiment right out of there. ( I realised after that placing a strip over the top would have achieved the same result.)

The posies panel was created by embossing in white then sponging in rhubarb stalk ink. I inked the letter background stamp in rhubarb and added that to the background along with a tiny bit of danube blue sponging. The sentiment that saved the day is from Free Flight and is much larger than the original messed up one. I completed the card on layered mats of white and red.

Enjoy your day and thanks for dropping in here.

Stamps: Letter BackgroundPosies, Free Flight  (Penny Black)
Inks: Rhubarb Stalk, Danube Blue, versamark (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Penny Black Mix & Match Papers Rose Garden
Also: clear e.p.

19 Comments on “A posy saved from the discard pile”

1. Bahb says:

The last-step mishap spoiled my day twice yesterday! Creating a save wasn’t possible on one of them and you might know it would be the one I had spent the most time on…..a CASE of your coral and brown Delightful Flowers card. I had already spoiled 3 attempts at that card. Each made me all the more convinced your talent is so awesome it’s ridiculous for me to attempt a CASE.

So I will just admire your red card today and not hurry to buy the stamp and the inks because “I can’t get there from here” anyway. I’ll just keep feeling lucky I have your beautiful work to gaze at whenever I want.

Thanks for awesome eye candy!

Bahb

2. stampersuzz says:

Brilliant! Love how you changed it up and made an elegant design. I do that all the time and end up layering up. This is a wonderful change!

3. Oh I like the red! You have very awesome sponging – nicely blended

4. Valerie says:

This looks a well placed sentiment Heather so it was obviously meant to be!
    Val x

My favourite –not — is getting the sentiment just that teeny bit crooked! (Stamp positioner or not…) But cutting the panel gives it an extra interest factor that layering a sentiment might not have achieved. And thanks for re-justifying my rhubarb stalk ink acquisition! 😉 So pretty with the hints of blue.

6. Margaret says:

Nice save! Your card is very elegant.

7. Paulette S says:

Heather, that kind of accident happens to me so often with the wood block stamps or the clear stamps on a heavy acrylic block. My hands will be 49 this summer. LOL I need to invest in a Fiskars stamping thingie, but I’d rather spend money on stamps or dies. So, I took a thin mount block from Stampendous because I really can not hold on to it either, it’s too thin for my mature hands, and I glued some scrap foam to each corner to see how I would like that kind of stamping. And it’s GREAT. You can place things right where you want them without any boo boos. But I keep all of my boo boos and rework them because I’ve invested so much time at that point. I love all of your beautiful cards and art work.

8. Edna Siu says:

Heather, I love the way you design for this sentiment, I especially like the slight touch of the blue ink on the side, it makes the only image a deeper look which is really outstanding the white sentiment, it comes out perfect.

9. I think this is simply beautiful Heather! And the way you inked the red over the card is really stunning! No one would have guessed that you struggled!

10. Jan Castle says:

Well of course…why didn’t I think of that instead of RE-DOING the entire card!!!! TFS this great and useful tip!!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

11. pattisj says:

Oh, yes, always that last smudge or some other operator error! lol I’ve heard that’s where our creativity really kicks in! Beautiful card.

12. Linda says:

Thank you for sharing your experience! That happens to me too, more often than we like to admit. GREAT SAVE! Super pretty card.

13. Shaz in oz.x says:

Hi there Heather want to say thanks so very much for all your wonderful cards of late – they are right up my alley as the saying goes and have so enjoyed your entries to my inbox!! THANK YOU! Shaz in oz.x

14. Brenda says:

Wow, this is really beautiful. Wish my mess ups were as great! Love your cards. Thanks for sharing.

15. sue says:

What a pretty color that rhubarb is, and your shading of it is lovely. The touch of blue is hardly noticeable, but very effective. No one would ever know that this card isn’t what you originally intended! I’ve messed up SO many cards with a crooked sentiment, or adding just one more thing, that I’m glad to hear your solution. You can bet I’ll be using it! Lovely card.

16. Gabby says:

Very pretty card! Love the sparkly flowers on that shade of red. 🙂

17. Marion says:

So very pretty. Love how you have split the panel for your sentiment. Who would have thought that you originally made a mistake. A lovely card Heather.

18. Cathy A says:

Such a clever rescue, love it!

19. Ann Y. says:

What a save! What a gorgeous effect. I love the sentiment framed on both sides by your inking and stamping.