A posy saved from the discard pilePosted: June 3, 2012
How often do you make a card only to mess it up when you add the sentiment? Maybe it only happens to me! Too many times I have just about finished only to smudge, double stamp or badly position the sentiment.
When I made panel on the card above the sentiment was just above the lower right corner and it did not look good! I tried restamping it on an oval which I matted with a scalloped oval but that didn’t work with the rest of the panel. The best option seemed to slice the offending sentiment right out of there. ( I realised after that placing a strip over the top would have achieved the same result.)
The posies panel was created by embossing in white then sponging in rhubarb stalk ink. I inked the letter background stamp in rhubarb and added that to the background along with a tiny bit of danube blue sponging. The sentiment that saved the day is from Free Flight and is much larger than the original messed up one. I completed the card on layered mats of white and red.
Enjoy your day and thanks for dropping in here.