When time is of the essence

It just so happens that I have quite a few things to achieve over the next few days; some by the end of today. But I also wanted to participate in a couple of challenges. The One Layer Wednesday challenge returned yesterday and as some of you noticed Cheryl and I have joined  Susan and Jennifer on the hosting team. Thank you to those of you who have left me such kind messages expressing your excitement over the challenge and my involvement; I am really looking forward to it.  So I really couldn’t miss the first challenge with the new team. The other challenge that appealed this week is the Less is More challenge because that sketch had my name all over it!

I have managed to create a card for to enter in both those challenges but more importantly a card I can send my mother for Mothers’ Day. As my mother lives on the other side of the world I really need to think ahead and the truth is, I rarely do.  My parents read this blog so I don’t like to post their cards here on the blog before they have received them but this will have to be an exception. (Perhaps, Dad, you could just not show her this one!)

The OLW challenge is to make a card for a woman in your life. I have used my mother’s favourite colours and a stamp with a little postage/correspondence theme happening. My mother has been a faithful correspondent since I left home, I less so.  It looks like I made a clever collage of script and postmark, butterflies and birdcage but no, I just used the clever collage  stamp from the new Penny Black Free Flight set. (To see more cards made with this set and the rest of the set visit the Penny Black blog today.)  Of course I masked and sponged first but you already know that about me don’t you? The Less is More challenge was a sketch with either a centered square or circle leaving plenty of white space all around.

Thanks for dropping by; I must get back to the daily tasks.

Supplies

Stamps: Free Flight  (PB)
Ink: Memento Summer Sky, Lulu Lavender & Grape Jelly, Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)

23 Comments on “When time is of the essence”

1. Marja says:

BEAUTIFUL Heather, I love the colors too.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

2. Sherry says:

Heather, I really love your work and you have inspired me to try my hand at masking and sponging. Love the look and I have never really liked a lot of layers on my cards.
    BUT…I’m hoping I could trouble you to help me understand a bit more about your masking technique. How do you get it so perfectly even? (might be a dumb question, but would love to see how you do the setup). Thanks VERY much for your beautiful work and your inspiration! Hugs, Sherry

3. Dianne Beans says:

Your cards always amaze me. They are so beautiful.

4. Laura Jane says:

LOVE the deep purples in this one! Thank you Heather for sharing your technique and inspiring me to make one layer cards.

5. Vicky says:

Such beautiful colours Heather – your mum will love it I’m sure.

6. Elaine says:

Love the deep rich colour of this – great card. I’m sure your mum will love it!!

7. valerie says:

Fabulous colours and I love that stamp! Congratulations on your DT news, well deserved:)
    Val x

8. Ardyth says:

Gorgeous colours!

9. Sarah Jay says:

Congratulations on being part of the new OLW team! I’m really looking forward to seeing your challenges because I love the cards you create for the other challenges so much.

10. Jan Castle says:

What a sweet card…Your Mother will love it!!!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

11. Chrissie says:

Just my kind of card Heather… lovely colours and great stamping!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    “Less is More”

12. Sally H says:

oooh, Heather! This is beautiful! LOVE the colours!

13. Scrapmate says:

Beautiful colours & a fab stamp. Sometimes you have to let the stamp do the talking.

14. mc says:

A beautiful CAS design Heather.
    Sally x

Absolutely beautiful. Love how that stamp really does look as if you’d made a collage of a number of images.

16. ND says:

Consider it done. But should I show her now or wait until Mother’s Day? Do we assume that the postman will deliver the original one day?
    And I must get back to the daily tasks, also. It is a crisp autumn day and there are outside tasks to be addressed.

17. stampingmynn says:

Congrats on joining the OLW team! 🙂 This is absolutely amazing–LOVE the coloring and collage stamping!!! 🙂

18. Yes, that sketch was made for you! And the card is beautiful and perfect. Your mom will love it for sure.

19. Anna says:

lovely colours, the inking/sponging is beautiful

20. Your card is so beautiful for the different challenges! Thank you so much for joining the DT on OLW so it could be restarted! I’m looking forward to seeing your designs and am so happy to see this great challenge site back!

21. Cheryl says:

Heather, Your card is Stunning! I like the way you just used a portion of that beautiful collage stamp. Beautiful color pallette too.

22. Ann Y . says:

This is lovely, Heather. Gorgeous colors and that collage stamp is fabulous. It will be great to see you hosting OLW once a month; it’s one of my favorite challenges. Your cards are always inspirational.

23. Absolutely gorgeous! Your collages glow right off the card, Heather!