Puzzle Parts

Today I have a card featuring new stamps from Penny Black. If you visit the Penny Black blog you can find several days of posts showcasing  new releases.

This card is very simple as the clever patterns in the transparent Puzzle Parts set make it  easy to create elegant backgrounds and borders. I always like navy and white as they remind me of Delft china but I am looking forward to trying all kinds of colour schemes with these stamps. The sentiment is from the new set, Word Express, which has over fifty stamps to combine for a personal greeting.

May your day be simple and elegant.

Supplies

Stamps: Puzzle PartsWord Express (PB)
Ink: Memento Paris Dusk Tsukineko)

8 Comments on “Puzzle Parts”

1. Ardyth says:

I always love the crispness of navy and white. Congrats on joining the OLW team! Looking forward to it!

2. Vicky says:

Hi Heather. I love the way you’ve put this together and left a space for the sentiment and I agree about the delft tile look. I can’t wait to see what else you do with the set!

3. Gery says:

As the card says: “WONDERFUL”.
    A great idea of using these stamps. I never would have thought of it.
    When I see the complete sheet I only would have used them as a border.
    The white and blue fits perfectly in Holland, it reminds of Delfts Blue, which is famous all over the world as souvenirs (cup, tiles, vases, ceramics….)
    Its obvious I think: “I love it”.
    Groetjes Gery

4. Brenda says:

These really are a clever set of stamps Heather and you have showcased them beautifully here. More for the wish list.

B x

5. Fabulous way to nestle the designs and tuck in the sentiment!

Thank you — you have now completely justified my recent purchase of a Paris dusk ink spot, as it looks fabulous here with white. 🙂 What a perfect use of the new PB set.
    And in other news, congrats on joining Susan’s OLW team! You are, of course, the perfect addition.

7. valerie says:

Love the way you’ve put these stamps together Heather, the design reminds me of a beautiful old fashioned napkin:)
    Val x

8. Vicky says:

Just spotted that your on the team for OLW Heather and am delighted both for you and for all of us who follow that great challenge! Looking forward to seeing even more of your amazing work! Vicky x