OLW 84 Pink and Orange

Susan’s One Layer Wednesday challenge this week is to use Pink and Orange, as many pinks as you like but only one orange. I know my photo makes it look like my card is all orange but it is actually sponged in pinks, really! I would rarely choose to put pink and orange together but that is the beauty of challenges; they take us out of our comfort zones.

I masked, embossed the orange heart branches in clear and then sponged in a light and a dark pink and added a few more orange branches.

Stamps: All You Need, Gratitude (PB)
Inks: Regal Rose,Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie(SU), Versafine Onyx Black
Cardstock: MFP white
Also: clear e.p.

21 Comments on “OLW 84 Pink and Orange”

1. Jayne K says:

Heather, I’m not a big fan of either pink or orange, but this is gorgeous. I really love your style. Thanks for sharing. Jayne K

2. Ardyth says:

Way to rock this challenge! Love it!

3. sue says:

These colors are really different for you, yet you’ve used them to make this totally your style. This is gorgeous. I’d never have thought pink and orange could be so lovely together. One question. You “embossed the orange heart branches in clear,” — did you stamp them in orange and then use a Versamark pen to cover each before embossing? Or did you stamp in orange, and then use a stampamajig to stamp over in Versamark? The branches just look so perfectly embossed.

4. WOW what a beautiful card. Great colors and design.
    Hugs
    Pauline.H

5. Vicky says:

Well you might want to use them again after this triumph Heather – what an exciting result!

6. mustavcoffee says:

Gorgeous Heather, love it!!!

7. Elaine says:

Gorgeous colouring. Not colours I would use but that’s the whole point of challenges!!

8. Missy (aka Badgeracat) says:

You have an absolute talent for the masking and sponging. I am practicing to achieve your technique. Thank you for the inspiration.

9. Jenny M says:

This has to be a stunning way to use the colours, the embossed orange shows up so well on the pink ….. Beautiful card :0)
    Jenny x

10. Sue (suen) says:

Wow, this is just stunning! LOVE the colors! You are such an inspiration! Thank you!

11. nancy littrell says:

Wow…….your orange and pink card absolutely Glows!!!!!! TFS

You masked and sponged? 😉 This is really pretty, and like you, I would not usually put the two colours together, but here they work perfectly.

13. Amazing depth and fabulous color Heather!

14. Tracey Jean says:

This is seriously pretty. You did an outstanding job with the challenge…

15. Alison says:

Simply stunning! Love everything about this creation

ali x

16. Incredible use of these colors, Heather. Again… GORGEOUS!!

17. Gery says:

Wow, what a daring idea to put these colours together!!!
    And it became so amazingly beautiful.
    After seeing this my day will be beautiful, thank you.
    XGeryX

18. ND says:

RJ really like this though orange is not a favourite colour.

ND

19. Ann Y. says:

Gorgeous. I love how there is a hint of white at the center. It makes the whole panel glow.

20. actually, i LOVE pink and orange together!! i seldom use it, but this card is BEAUTIFUL!! very case worthy!!