Those snow scenes I love to do…

A couple of posts ago I featured a snow scene I did for the Less is More snow challenge. I love creating snow scenes but that one I entered in the challenge was not the first one I did that day. It was the fourth.  The first three are featured in this post. All of them are ok, but they were not quite what I was after. Snow scenes can be a little tricky at times.  In the one above you will see I managed a strange yellowy tinge in the sky; wrong sponge I think.

In the one below the tiny words in the sentiment are a little hard to read and the shadow on that tree? Well, it is hardly a shadow; I could have planned that a little better.

The card below suffered from a restamping of the foreground tree which didn’t really match up; I must have moved the positioning tool. To salvage it I used an embossing pen to draw snow on the branches but it is still a bit messy.

All that to say: sometimes it takes a few attempts before I come up with the scene I am after, but those attempts can often be used, as is, or with a little creative alteration.

Enjoy your day, still no snow here, but now we have plenty of ice!

Stamps: Many Merry Messages,  Branch out,
Inks:  Versafine Onyx Black, Taken with Teal, Bashful Blue, Versamark, Basic Black
Cardstock: MFP  Snow Storm Smooth Heavy
Also: Winsor & Newton masking fluid, white e.p.

12 Comments on “Those snow scenes I love to do…”

1. KK says:

They’re all stunningly beautiful and I’m sure you’re the only one who would see those mistakes. I love the touch of yellow in the sky – sometimes these small mistakes lend a touch of reality to our work and the sky often has bits of colour in it. Lovely, lovely work – sometimes it helps not to be a perfectionist and to accept things as they are. Happy Christmas to you x

2. Aileen says:

Your snow scenes are gorgeous even when you think you’ve gone wrong. i love the blue tinge for shadow on the snow. Have a Merry Christmas. x

3. Dianne Beans says:

I love you cards. Some day I hope to try to create my our snow scene. Thanks for sharing your talent.

4. Vicky says:

All I know is that anyone would be delighted to receive any of these gorgeous cards Heather but I know exactly how you feel when it doesn’t come out the way you want! I’m glad you posted because it gives me the perfect opportunity to wish you and your family a very happy Christmas! Vicky x

5. sue says:

Heather, I so enjoyed your “before” cards! I love thinking that not every single card a great stamper makes is a winner. It makes me know I’m in good company. I do love these cards, though, and would have been thrilled to receive any of them. Thanks for the lesson that not every card has to be perfect!

6. Marja says:

Hi Heather, I adore your snow cards. They are so great and so beautiful. I will learn to make this cards so very much. They are gorgeous. I enjoy looking at your work every time.
    I wish you asnd your family very happy Christmas days.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

7. Judy says:

Your snowy scenes are amazing– so tranquil and lovely!

8. Gail says:

just beautiful..each and everyone..i wish i cud make my good cards look as good as your mistake cards..tfs..loves ya

9. Ali Manning says:

These are all amazing, Heather – merry Christmas!

These are beautiful! I so admire your style of cardmaking, Heather.

11. Natalie says:

These cards and so beautiful and peaceful, Heather! I think you’ve actually made me miss living where it snows!

12. This is such an encouraging post for me as I often have to try something several times over before I am happy with something – I am gradually learning not to tear it up though.
    Paula (PEP)