Fern frond wedding card

After being a little experimental the other day I returned to the safety and comfort of masking and sponging. Sigh…that’s more like it.

We went to a beautiful wedding on Saturday where the bridesmaids wore purple and carried green and red flowers.  I went with purple and green colour scheme for my card.  I masked so I could sponged about a third of the card.  I sponged with sage shadow, almost amethyst and elegant eggplant.  Before removing the mask I stamped the fern a few times.  With the mask off I stamped the fern again and added the sentiment.

Thank you for all the encouraging comments about my “experiment”.  I appreciate you taking the time to write me a note.

Stamps: Wilderness Vol.2 (Darkroom Door), Teeny Tiny wishes(SU)
Inks: Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory

16 Comments on “Fern frond wedding card”

1. Joan B says:

you are the best masker and sponger in blog land! wow, this is gorgeous

2. Stephanie L says:

Your work is wonderful and very inspiring. This particular creation is amazing, along with everything else you do. I am so interested in your style. I will be back again and again.

3. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your creations!!
    Judy

4. Vicky says:

Love the colours you used here Heather. This masking, sponging, stamping style of card remains my favourite!

5. sue says:

What a beautiful card. And a perfect example of why it’s so wonderful to stamp. You know that bride’s going to open the card and say “How lovely! These are my wedding colors!” Being able to tailor cards to the occasion is so nice. You can’t do that at Hallmark! And you won’t find a card this lovely there, either. You really are the Queen of Sponging, Heather; nobody does it better. This is gorgeous.

6. Ellie Knol says:

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors you’ve used – I assume the’re not distress inks?!

7. valerie says:

This is beautiful Heather, back to your wonderful works of art!
    Val x

I agree with Joan B. — you are definitely the best masker/sponger! You also sponge with colours I would not think to put together, but of course look amazing when you do it. Beautiful card.

9. Marja says:

Absolutely gorgeous Heather. love it. So beautiful und sylish. It’s amazing, fabulous.
    Greet
    Marja

10. Sue says:

Love, love, love your style! What do you use to sponge on the ink? Beautiful!

11. Amy says:

I also love your creations – this one is absolutely stunning.

12. Exquisite, Heather! Another inspiring beauty!!

13. Gail says:

This is one of the prettiest cards ever!

14. Ali Manning says:

Wow – this is stunning Heather – I really have to try this masking technique!

15. Kez says:

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Heather. The colours are so perfect together and it is such an elegant and heartfelt card. I am sure it was much appreciated by the lucky couple.

16. Debbie says:

Found this masterpiece on pinterest, had to come tell you how amazing it is! A stunner for sure.