Fern frond fragments

This is the last of my fern frond cards for now.  The next stamping task I have is some simple garden wedding invitations.

I did not set out to create three squares for this card; it just happened.  I stamped the ferns across a piece of cardstock but there was nothing special about the arrangement.  After punching out three fragments and adding the green and blue sponging I was much happier.  Dividing the squares with the sentiment was also experimental but I like the way it turned out.  As the sponging was applied after the squares were punched each one has a slightly dark border.  Although I started out with a white card base, artichoke turned out to be the best choice as it created a border which highlighted the ferns and words.

I think this one might be my favourite out of the three fern cards I created recently.

Stamps: Wilderness Vol.2 (Darkroom Door), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic White, Always Artichoke

10 Comments on “Fern frond fragments”

1. Doris says:

This one is my favorite,too! I,ve been following your blog and just love your work.

2. MaryC says:

I love the soft colors you sponged in the background and really, really like how you stamped the sentiment between the squares. That fern stamp is so pretty — going to have to get me one of them!

3. sue says:

Oooooh, this is beautiful! It looks like I’m standing in a forest, looking up through a tall tree into the sky! Lovely thought. I love the 3 scenes, and the way you’ve placed the sentiment. I love your description of how the card came to be! It’s good to know that even great stampers don’t always have a grand plan in mind to begin with. Lovely card.

4. Vicky says:

Hi Heather. I think it’s my favourite of the three too. I do love a group of three squares and the border works perfectly. The sentiment between two of the group is new to me too and it’s very effective. It’s always such a pleasure to looks at your work! Vx

5. valerie says:

Love the layout Heather and the sentiment between the three. Gorgeous as usual!
    Val x

6. Another beauty, Heather. I really love the way you put the sentiment between the two image squares. Gorgeous!

7. Godelieve says:

A perfect card!!

8. liannallama says:

wow! This card couldn’t be more perfect! You have such a great eye for design I am definitely going to follow your blog!

This may be my favourite of your “fern series”. I love the colours and the three squares with the sentiment in between. Beautiful!

10. […] Do you have a preference? When I searched my blog for examples I found that a horizontal landscape oriented card with three tiles in the lower half of the panel is also a very common choice for me.  eg. fern fronds […]