Fern fronds

Here is another take on the fern frond.  I have seen several lovely fern cards lately. Take a look at one by Godelieve here and one by Ali here.

I pulled out the old olive stamp pad for this one and used post-its to mask my rectangle.  I embossed one fern in clear in the centre of my panel and then sponged all around it before adding few more ferns in old olive and artichoke.  The “thankyou” was hand written.

Thanks for dropping by; I know my posts are a little sparse at present but I really appreciate your visits and your encouraging comments.

Stamps: Wilderness Vol.2 (Darkroom Door)
Inks: Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Versamark
Cardstock: Flourishes Classic White

13 Comments on “Fern fronds”

1. valerie says:

Love the stamp and colours you’ve used Heather. The image is almost photographic 🙂
    Val x

2. sue says:

How pretty! Your stamp is fantastic, and the colors you used were perfect. As always, your sponging is the perfect complement to the stamp & colors, and it all came together to make a lovely card. Thanks for sharing!

3. Vicky says:

Your posts are always worth waiting for Heather. Love this beautiful fern image – and am SO impressed with the handwritten sentiment. How do you do that?!!! Vx

4. nancy littrell says:

so sweet and beautiful. Love the EB resist fern in the middle and your hand written thank you. TFS

5. me35 says:

Love this. Will have a go later on !! Thanks for your quiet inspiration !

6. Kez says:

Love this one Heather, makes me think of my home land. Ditto the comments above, the colours and ferns are just beautiful.

7. Marja says:

Heather very very beautiful. Also your last card. I have mist some cards through the Blogger-problems. But I love them very much. So fine and elegant.
    Have a nice weekend
    Gr. Marja

8. Beautifully elegant and serene. LOVE this, Heather.

Wow, I think I like this even more than your first fern frond card! Perfect woodland colours. Your versatility with one layer card creations amazes me. 🙂

10. ir says:

As always beautiful. Heather your cards are worth the wait. You inspire me every time you post another design. I rarely comment, but I always look 🙂

11. Godelieve says:

Beautiful result with only 1 stamp. It’s an amazing card.
    Love your handwriting.
    Thanks for the link to my card ♥

12. liannallama says:

This is so lovely! What a soft pretty look you have made!

13. shirley says: