Penny Black Snow Dust

It is not quite as snowy as this card just yet, but it won’t be long.  When I bought the Penny Black wreath stamp, I also bought this PB stamp called Snow Dust.  I did my masking with post-it notes as I usually do, both to frame the scene and to create the snowy hills.  I stamped the trees in versmark with a base of black and then embossed in clear before sponging in the sky and the hills.  Once all the sponging was done I realised that my tree bases were too black compared to the white branches so I used a super fine black marker to draw a line under several branches so that they appeared to be snow laden not made out of snow.

I noticed that the technique lovers challenge at Splitcoast this week is to use sponging, so I will be participating with at least this card, but probably more.

Stamps: Snow Dust(Penny Black),
Inks: Versamark, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Brocade Blue, Going Gray
Cardstock: Flourishes classic white
Also: Clear e.p.

7 Comments on “Penny Black Snow Dust”

1. *Chrissie* says:

Just magical Heather!
    What inspiration! This is a fabulous technique.
    Thanks so much!
    Chrissie

2. Sue (suen) says:

Beautiful card! I love the colors for the sky and the snowy trees!

3. sue says:

Omygosh, this is positively gorgeous!!! Honestly! Your creativity is amazing, and your work is just stunning. I LOVE this card!

4. Ruthie says:

this is beautiful!!!!! love the colors of the sky!

5. Joan V says:

This is so pretty. Thank you for sharing.

6. nancy littrell says:

Gorgeous snow scene and sentiment. I love your colored sky, snow mounds and trees. A real beauty. TFS

7. Bahb says:

What’s so amazing about your snowscapes is that I can feel and smell the crisp air, they look so real.

I keep trying to get my sponging smooth and even like yours…..many different sponges, inks, papers, techniques……..still “no cigar!” Not even close. NOT giving up!

Thanks for sharing.