Church on the couch

Life is very different right now isn’t it? I thought I would do something different here on the blog too and talk about one of the ways my life is different during quarantine. I’ve been sitting on the couch for church the last three weeks as it has been live streamed or filmed in advance to be viewed via the internet. If you’d like to attend church from your home I’ve provided a few links below. If you are feeling like it’s not a very good Friday this year, please watch this short message from my brother reminding us why it still is.

Alta Vista Baptist Church in Ottawa is connecting via recorded messages on their website.

Resurrection Church in Ottawa is livestreaming on Sunday mornings and then making services available on their website afterwards.

On the other side of the world Salt Community Church is meeting live on line as well as making video and audio recordings available.

I mention these three as I have a connection with each one but there are many others. Easter looks different in many ways this year but God has not changed and neither has His love for us or the hope He provides.

18 Comments on “Church on the couch”

1. Jacquelyn Harmon says:

Thank you (and your brother) for that message of hope and promise.

2. Lynn says:

3. creatingincolors says:

❤️

4. Bonnie says:

Thank you for sharing this, Heather.

5. Liane Desmarais-Cavanagh says:

Somehow you always share what I needed to hear. Thank you for making sure we all feel connected in this exceptional time.

6. Sue Cook says:

Wonderful message. Thanks for sharing.

7. donna says:

lovely message Heather, thank you. blessings

8. Connie says:

Thanks Heather.

9. Rebecca Tilinski says:

I love your art.; I appreciate your expression of Christian faith but I must ask if the two right wing political ads on the Facebook edition of this article were chosen by you . Thank you for responding.   RT
    Get Outlook for Android

10. Kevin & Laura Lavrack says:

What a wonderful message. Thanks for sharing this. I am lucky enough to attend a church that offers live streaming services and archived previous sermons/church services too. Wishing you a blessed, safe and healthy Easter. Thank you for sharing your talents with the rest of us. Laurie Lavrack

11. Chelsea Johnson says:

Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful inspiration.

12. Jan Castle says:

Thank you Heather and Dave for sharing….so encouraging.

13. Liz Chartrand says:

Thanks Heather for the info.
    Liz

Sent from my iPhone

14. Deborah Davis says:

Thank you, Heather! I get disheartened seeing all the Easter cards in the crafting community featuring eggs and bunnies. Especially in this pandemic I feel such sadness when I see all the cards with sentiments like “Together We’re Stronger” and “You Got This”. Looking for peace and safety within ourselves is like pressing further into a cave in search of light, or further into the ocean in search of dry ground, deluded that our problems are outside of us, and that the solution is inside of us. But Scripture tells us that our problems are inside of us, and the solution is outside of us. Thank you for pointing your readers in the direction of our Savior, Jesus. I’m grateful.

15. swanlady21 says:

Thank you! I enjoyed his message.

16. Clelie says:

Oh, Heather, what a wonderful message from your brother! As soon as he said ” an extraordinary separation”…the Light went on and I ‘got it’…and goose bumps! Once again, Jesus relates to our present day heartaches and Trials. Bless you, Heather, and thank your brother for the encouragement! ♥

17. Diane says:

Thank you for those precious words. We know that this, too, shall pass.