Fancy Fish

I have another alcohol ink background to share today. If you didn’t see the yesterday’s card you might want to click here (there’s a giveaway provided by The Foiled Fox so it’s worth a visit!) When I saw the new fancy fish dies from Penny Black, I immediately thought of the patterns possible with alcohol inks and blending solution. To create this kind of pattern I started with plenty of dark and light blue ink on my yupo paper then dropped some blending solution on a felt pad and pounced that all over the panel. The blending solution creates little bubble shapes in the ink. The felt pad also picks up blue ink from the yupo paper and prints it down again so more little bubbles.

I die cut the fish and sentiment from a silvery grey envelope I had saved; it had a bit of texture and a little shimmer to it. The die set, Fancy Fish includes two detailed fish and a teeny tiny fish; I have a card tomorrow featuring the third fish.

Supplies

Dies: Fancy Fish, Dream big
Inks: indigo, pool alcohol inks (Ranger)
Paper: white yupo, neenah solar white, silver envelope

7 Comments on “Fancy Fish”

1. What a fun card! Thanks for sharing.

2. Rosie says:

That’s just so lovely, Heather.

3. Jean marmo says:

Stunning. LOve this.

4. Aptil says:

Love this card do glad your reminding us of the great possibilities of alcohol ink !

I love this beautiful intense blue alcohol ink on Yupo background Heather, and the white angel fish are gorgeous, and then the little tiny ones which finish it perfectly, especially with that very apt sentiment. x

6. Marianne says:

Gorgeous. Love how the blue goes from a darker purplish blue to a lighter blue and the tiny fish are such a fun touch.

7. Karen Petitt says:

Another stunner! Love the way you use the AI’s as you’re able to effortlessly switch from heavy to light coverage, a skill I need to perfect, tfs x