Botanical garden

botanical Heather Telford

This little spray of flowers is from the new set, Botanical Garden, which contains some outline florals and one butterfly. I stamped in versafine onyx black to get a waterproof outline then did my colouring with tombow dual brush pens. By blending with water I managed to get gradation from dark purple to a pale almost pink in the petals and buds from a single purple pen. I used a yellow and a green to complete the rest of the colouring and created a background ‘frame’ by blending a purple outline into the white space. I added a sentiment in black and a purple mat. The card is a little smaller than my usual A2 size.

I imagine most people south of where I live are enjoying all manner of flowers by now. I am happy to say I have a couple of daffodils and a few tulips also but the temperature was below zero this morning so it is definitely not feeling summery yet, hardly even springy!

Supplies

Stamps: Botanical Garden, Treasured Sentiments (PB)
Inks:   dual brush pens 679, 991, 158(Tombow) Versafine onyx black (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Fabriano 100% cotton hot pressed watercolour paper, olive green cardstock

9 Comments on “Botanical garden”

1. craftytreen says:

I can’t even put into words how much i love this card. its so lovely. i love the stamp, but i love your painting so much more. wow. i want to be able to do this when i grow up. this is what i have been working for. thank you so much for sharing. i have Tombow markers and have never even tried them. Hugs, treen

• Heather says:

You are such an encourager. You should definitely try your tombow markers they are easy to watercolour with as long as you use them on watercolour paper. If you use them on cardstock use the blending marker instead of a waterbrush.

This is so elegant and truly beautiful Heather and great how with just one Tombow marker you get that much variation in tone in the flower. The sentiment is perfect too. x

3. Vicki B says:

Wonderful shading with the purple marker! It’s a really lovely card!

So very pretty. I especially like (that really means, will likely CASE in future) how you framed the sentiment on the left. It goes without saying that your colouring is beautiful.

5. Clelie says:

I agree with everyone above…so very, very beautiful! Amazed that you got such color separation with the one Tombow! I am definitely pulling mine out from the back of the drawer and playing with them again! I really love the soft watercolor background for the sentiment. Thank you so very much for sharing your talent with all…:) Hope you warm up there soon! I am getting Spring Fever here now!

6. cherylquilts says:

Heather, what a gorgeous card, and I really love the sentiment. And how you’ve used just the one marker is amazing! Stunning coloring! Hugs!

7. Jan Castle says:

Hang in there Heather…..your Spring is coming! We are now into summer weather here in Oregon, USA….highly unusual weather for us – setting records for May!!!!
    Your card is beautiful….thank you for sharing!
    Paper Hugs,