Revisiting Pink & Grey

Revisiting Pink & Grey Heather Telford

I am the guest muse on Sovushka Slavia blog today. Sovushka Slavia blog is dedicated to CAS cardmaking and Project Life. It has 1325 followers in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, United States, Germany, Kazakhstan and other countries. The challenge is to CASE my card below from a few years ago.

Sent with love

I didn’t set out to CASE it quite so closely but I ended up keeping the colour scheme, the motif and the layout, I just the changed the technique. I created the watercolour panel first but letting distress stains blend on wet watercolour paper. I added some salt and let it dry. I die-cut two dragonflies then trimmed the panel so that one dragonfly would reach over the border. I stacked several layers below each dragonfly to pop them up above the panel.

Revisiting Pink & Grey detail Heather Telford

I hope you check out the Sovushka Slavia blog, the design team’s cards and maybe add a CASE of your own to the link up.

Stamps:  Snippets (PB)
Creative Dies: Flutters (PB)
Inks: Iced Spruce, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany Distress Stains (Ranger) Versamark, Versafine smokey grey (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Canson cold pressed watercolour paper
Also: Winsor & Newton masking fluid, salt

8 Comments on “Revisiting Pink & Grey”

1. Janine B says:

Gorgeois colours and style. The panel is so pretty

2. Doris Fryman says:

Fabulous! I’ll have to try this technique. tfs

3. Andrew says:

I like how one wing bursts through the top of the picture – it won’t be contained…

4. memalagene says:

WOWZERS! This is Awesome, great technique!

5. suemcrae says:

Gorgeous!

This is gorgeous Heather and the salt has made such gorgeous patterns in the watercolour. I adore the dragonflies cut from the same coloured paper too with the edge of one overlapping the panel which is so pretty. x

I remember the first card from your original post, and I may like your new take on it even a little bit more! And it’s always good to have another reminder of the fun things salt can do to wet watercolours.