Very Vintage Christmas

vintage

Not my usual Christmas card or colours that’s for sure. It does seem vintage in it’s emblems and colour scheme but at the same time it reminds me of a wild west wanted poster! We have friends at church who have horses and love all things western so I think this will be their Christmas card.

I often create my own collages by combining a couple of background or pattern stamps with a couple of images. Penny Black has several new Christmas collages that do all that for you.  I have used the Christmas Notes collage stamp in the background on the right hand side of the card and repeated the pattern stamp from Holiday Collage on the left hand side. The edges of both the panel and the card base have been darkened by sponging with Memento Espresso Truffle ink on cream cardstock.

The One Layer Wednesday challenge is all about “Love” this week and you can find it on Susan’s blog.

Stamps:  Winter Scroll, Christmas Notes, Winter Village , Decadence, Holiday Collage (Penny Black)
Inks:  Espresso Truffle, Desert Sand (Tsukineko)

7 Comments on “Very Vintage Christmas”

1. Gabby says:

Wonderful card, Heather! I like the bkgrd and vintage-style greeting. ? – Will you advise how to use partial or sections of a bkgrd stamp and NOT get lines? I love the look but almost always end up with definite lines that I have to try to “blend in” or cover up, which is often difficult or impossible to do. Thanks for any advice you can give me. 🙂

2. Pitchoune57 says:

I like vintage style, lovely card, bye from France
    Pitchoune

3. bonnielynnh says:

Very nice! It’s like elegant vintage

4. Mary H says:

Indeed it does resemble those ‘old western’ posters we see on tv. This is much lovelier though! Loved the look and how you combined the different stamps to create your collage. Your friends will love it. Hugs

Different… and yet still that signature perfect sponging. Lovely collage of elements, also.

6. nise says:

LOVE this!! Wonderful colors and stamps, even if it’s not your “usual” Christmas card. It definitely showcases your great sponging capabilities.

7. I think you are so inspirational with the colours and collages you create. This does have a ‘western’ feel to it! Much nicer than a poster though! Bravo!