Tannenbaum – the candy cane edition

tannenbaum

Another snow scene for you today but somewhat simpler than the storm from earlier in the week. I started once again, with a panel that had masking fluid flicked on it.  After positioning a hill shaped mask I brayered Memento summer sky ink over the top of the card. Before moving the mask I stamped the Tannenbaum stamp several times with Cottage Ivy ink. I removed the mask and repositioned it to sponge a hollow in the snow for the feature tree also stamped in Cottage Ivy.  I repositioned the mask one more time and sponged a small section to create one more little hollow then add the sentiment in Versafine Satin red and the balls with a Memento Lady Bug marker. I gently rubbed off the masking fluid to reveal the falling snow.

The pretty baker’s twine from The Twinery matched perfectly and reminds me of candy canes.

Stamps: Tannenbaum, Season’s Wishes (PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Cottage Ivy, Lady Bug & Versafine Satin Red (Tsukineko)
Also: Winsor & Newton Masking Fluid, Baker’s Twine Maraschino, Peapod (The Twinery)

7 Comments on “Tannenbaum – the candy cane edition”

1. Gabby says:

Wonderful card! Love the tree stamp and coloring. The twine does remind one of peppermint and spearmint candy canes. 🙂

2. Doris Hubbard says:

Love it!!! Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 05:07:50 +0000 To: dohubbard13@hotmail.com

3. Lou says:

Love it! I can see I’m going to have to go to Michael’s (with a coupon of course) and get some masking liquid to play with. Love learning new techniques….thanks!

4. Karen says:

You have inspired me. I just bought masking fluid today.

5. Jan Castle says:

Delightful! Always a pleasure to see what you create….such a TREAT! Thans Heather!
    Jan

I don’t recall you using a lot of twine, but it’s perfect to set off this little scene. Nice!

7. Such bold colours! I love this very free, and bright design of your and the techniques are just fabulous! Great card!