Emerging Butterfly

Emerging butterfly

Yet another card from me which ended up looking totally different to the original plan! But never mind that, I ended up with a card which fits the Less is More challenge this week to use Lime Green and Black.

I began by masking the sides of the vertical strip with post-it notes. In the strip I repeatedly stamped a flower from Delicate Florals then sponged over the top getting gradually darker towards the bottom. The Soft Wings butterfly was stamped five times in grey before the final one and the sentiment were added in black.

Stamps: Soft Wings, Delicate Florals, Thinking of You (Penny Black)
Ink: Memento Pear Tart, London Fog & Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)

22 Comments on “Emerging Butterfly”

1. Aileen says:

So pretty. Love your overstamping on the pretty green panel. x

2. Denise says:

Yet another lovely card Heather! hugs..Denise (UK) x

3. Love it! I LOVE your style Heather. You are my inspiration all day long… What a beautiful day when I see on my computer “the last from Heather”, it’s make me happy for a long time. Like you can see, my English is so so… but I am sure you can understand what I say. I have built on my web site, a board which is: inspirés par Heather Telford or inspiration by Heather Telford. Thank you so much Heather. You are the best one!!!

4. Amazing how it greats such depth!.

5. Marja says:

Gorgeous and so beautiful Heather
    lovely greet
    Marja

6. lolyborda43 says:

Beautiful stamping! TFS

7. Vicki B says:

I love butterflies on cards and your creations is lovely!!!

8. Mary H. says:

What an apt title for this card. Your lime green strip and repeated images, really inspired. This is one very dramatic LIM card! Liked it a lot, but then I like ALL your cards! TFS

9. Fabulous, Heather! You make one layer so elegant!

10. Christine Duncan says:

I love it. Thank for such wonderful inspiration x

11. TiaraHelen says:

You have really captured the movement – I get the feeling that if you blink, the butterfly and even the greeting might be gone when you open my eyes.

Helen x

12. Jan Castle says:

Very artistic Heather…gives the illusion that the butterfly is moving! Great work!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

13. Viv says:

Stunning card as always Heather

14. chrissieann says:

What a fabulous effect the secondary stamping makes Heather, this is stunning!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    “Less is More”

Wow, beautiful repeat stamping! The subtle flowers on the green panel are perfect, too.

16. Claudia says:

Hi Heather, this is simply fantastic and the effect you generated is stunning. Love it.
    Hugs Claudia

17. Chris R. says:

Love ALL your cards Heather. This is a WOW!! Beautifully done with simplicity. Thanks for sharing your gift to all.

Chris

18. Jen says:

Love how you use the Lime and Black heather, and the fade out on the butterfly Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    “Less Is More”

19. Tanvi says:

Heather this is so adorable, love the butterflies.

20. Daen'Ys says:

What a superbe card! Simple and so expressive! Fantastic inking, love love, love!!

Rosi x

21. Diane UK says:

That is a truly magnificent card – I am awestruck at the way the butterfly is literally ‘taking off’ from the card! Wow – I love it and I’m going to have a go at this technique. Thanks for sharing Heather. I think it’s made so much more amazing because of the few colours used for the challenge. Fabulous :)x

22. […] This one layer card was inspired by Heather Telford’s Emerging Butterfly card found here. […]