Fern Fronds

Fern card

The card above was inspired by the packaging of the gift that went with it.  I forgot to take a photo but you can see it here.

The packaging featured fern fronds and soft greens so I pulled out the fern stamp from the transparent “Enjoy Life” set. I masked the left and bottom edge of the panel with post-its then stamped the fern frond in several greens before sponging and popping up the whole panel on a white card base.

Stamps: Enjoy Life, Wishes(PB)
Inks: Memento New Sprout, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves, Versafine Olympia Green (Tsukineko)

10 Comments on “Fern Fronds”

1. Jan Castle says:

I think your card is lovely…more than what inspired you! Maybe you should be designing packages as a side line…LOL!

2. Natalie H says:

This is lovely! It could be used for all kinds of occasions, too. Beautifully done!

3. mandee125 says:

Beautiful card. You make the prettiest cards and I always like them.

4. Mary H. says:

Lovely card. As always. TFS

5. pattisj says:

Pretty card, and what a great go-with!

6. Brenda says:

I have the same stamp set…Penny Black, correct? I love it. Very real, yet whimsical.

Delightful card!

7. Another inspired piece of art, Heather! I adore ferns. I’m not sure you enter challenges, but I saw the latest “Runway Inspired” challenge just now and it has your name all over it!! It reminds me so of your beautiful snowy hills against the sky blue hues.

8. Nonni says:

So beautiful! Really inspiring.

Wow, I haven’t seen Bronnley products in years! Perfect inspiration for your style, Heather. Love the layering of the fern fronds.

10. Greta H says:

Love how you use masking & the one fern going into the border–simply gorgeous!