Circle vignettes

When I was making the emboss resist snowflake cards recently I rediscovered my nestabilities dies and started cutting circle masks to play with.

For the card above I stamped the background stamp first then added the Christmas bough in black over the top. I added colour with both coloured pencils and sponging. On the card below the collage is all in the one stamp so I inked it with pistachio ink and again added colour with pencils and sponging. I restamped a few snowflakes in black because they didn’t look quite right in green ( not that I’ve ever seen a black one, mind you!)

Stamps:   Christmas Lights, Diamond Pattern, Christmas Music, Hello Winter, A wish for Peace (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Pistachio, Summer Sky, Danube Blue and Versafine Onyx Black(Tsukineko)
Also: Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils

22 Comments on “Circle vignettes”

1. Janet Castle says:

Stunning Heather….I absolutely must give this a try!!!! Thanks so much for sharing how you made them!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

2. jmhave44 says:

Both are awesome. Must try this one. So many new things to learn. Thanks for the inspirations.
    Hugs

3. KatieP says:

Beautiful!

4. Another wonderful technique, these cards are amazing! I love your style and am so glad I discovered your blog xx

5. diana says:

Lovely cards! TFS 😉

6. Dinahsoar says:

These would be perfect for my Christmas collage stamps! I always enjoy your blog. First time to comment, long time observer,

7. Maureen Chandler says:

These cards are beautiful and this technique would work well for making LOTS of Christmas cards! Thanks so much!!!

8. Vicki B says:

I love using Spellbinders to make a mask for staming. I just did a couple of cards lately and your cards have made me want to do something for Christmas now.

9. Patti C says:

I’ve just found your blog. How beautiful are these!!!! Very inspirational. Thank you.

10. Paulette S says:

Heather, you do the most amazing things with one layer of card stock. There is so much debth and always beautiful.

11. LaVon says:

Both cards are so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

I think I prefer black snowflakes to green, although I’m not sure why. 😀 What a perfect collage in the first one, and beautiful colouring in the second.

13. ND says:

Don’t forget some Australian Christmas cards for you many Aussie fans.

With love

14. It’s just brilliant how you do these, Heather. Your cards always look so deeply dimensional and rich!

15. They are just so beautiful. Always inspiring…

16. Absolutely beautiful, Heather. The combination of CAS with such depth in your stamped design is always amazing.

17. shirley-bee says:

Beautiful vignettes, Heather!

18. Nyoka Smith says:

Heather, you simply amaze me with all your beautiful techniques!! From one layer of cardstock you make marvelous masterpieces! Thanks for including tips on how to do your techniques! God bless!

19. ggnurse says:

I loved these cards on the PB Blog, so came to see them again. You’ve inspired me!

20. Valerie says:

These are beautiful, what a wonderful idea. I will definitely be trying this technique.

21. […] We talked about her last time – the fabulous one ! See, I knew you knew !!!  ) I loved her Circle Vignettes when they popped up in October and have been meaning to CASE them ever since – this scheme […]