More Sponged Snowflakes

As I mentioned yesterday when stamping with the All is Bright set and the blue inks I got a little carried away and continued creating different layouts with the same stamps, inks and technique. The card above is two layer but it could easily have been one layer if I’d masked the panel.

I certainly haven’t exhausted the layout possibilities for this this type of card but as you can see it is easy to create a range of masked and sponged cards just by moving the panel around the card base and switching from portrait to landscape orientation.

Anyway, enough of these snowflakes; I’m off to photograph the fall colours. Have a great Thanksgiving Monday if you are in Canada.

Stamps:  All is BrightNoelFlourish Christmas (PB)
Inks: Memento Summer Sky, Nautical Blue, Danube Blue, Versamark(Tsukineko)
Also: Clear e.p.

14 Comments on “More Sponged Snowflakes”

1. Carol L says:

All 3 of these cards are simply STUNNING & I need to try your technique!!

2. KatieP says:

Your cards are so GORGEOUS!!! That blue is WOW, love those snowflakes. I wish I had about a fingernail’s worth of your talent and eye for colors.

3. Vicki B says:

Those cards are gorgeous! Love the blue and white!!!

4. Mary H. says:

Each time I think you can’t top ‘this’ one, then you do & top it! Beautiful, Beautiful, and thanks for showing the versatility. Can’t wait to see your take on the Fall! TFS

5. Marja says:

Heather I have no words. This is brillian. So elegan and beautiful.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

6. Caroline says:

they are very lovely, I love the blue and the way you build it up. Amazing
    Greetings Caroline
    PS: we live in Terneuzen, Netherlands, have relatives in Ontario Canada, we know it is beautiful there

7. Judy says:

Beautiful cards–each one of them!!

8. Jan Castle says:

So enjoyed your ‘snowflake journey….beautiful cards, each in its own way! TFS
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

9. Denise Bryant says:

Lovely cards! I love your sponging technique. I do a lot of sponging also, and wonder what kind of paper you recommend? I find a glossy paper works really well for me.
    DeniseB

10. Your gorgeous creative style is so suited for the Christmas holiday, Heather! I haven’t searched your site, but I hope you have a way to offer your cards for sale at work or in a boutique where you live. Even though I make my own cards, I would buy yours! That’s how fab I think they are and I haven’t bought a card in at least ten years!!

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, Heather. These layouts are all beautiful, and a great addition to your holiday card-making.

12. stampamateur says:

I’m going to sound like a broken record, but your snowflake cards are beautiful! I love the colors, the technique, and the clean and simple design. I’m going to have to try this myself.

13. Carol McCollum says:

I love your cards!! Your snowflakes are beautiful I have a soft spot in my heart for snowflakes and have most of the Stamp’n Up ones. I know how you done your back ground with sponging but how do you get the Snowflakes so white? Are they embossed? do you use white ink and clear embossing powder or Versa Mark and white powder? I am doing a card right now for Christmas that is fraustrating me Come To Bethlehem. I have tried the black several kins but with the clear embossing powder it does not come out as black as I want. With the black embossing powder I get little spects of the power on the card even after using the embossing buddy. Can you explain about the white snowflakes and this black stamp I am trying to do. Thank you so much.

14. Cheryl says:

Gosh I just found your blog via Pinterest, These are stunning. I’m off to check the rest of your blog for the instructions. Just beautiful