Autumn Tree

I took a slightly whimsical path with this tree and the panel came together by trial and error. I started by embossing the tree and colouring all the leaves and trunk with watercolour pencils. After blending all the pencil colouring with water the tree looked very alone so I started flicking orange, red and yellow water colour paint on the panel with a paintbrush. Flicking led to sponging and then sponging led to some letter background and the tree looked much happier. I chose not to add a sentiment as I haven’t decided on a purpose for this card yet. Could be a Thanksgiving card or maybe a fall birthday. The tree panel is matted in Penny Black Mix&Match ‘fall festival’ cardstock and popped up on a card base of the same colour.

I am now seeing these colours all around me and hope to get out with the camera soon to captures some of the beauty.

Stamps: Autumn Tree,  Letter Background (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Lady Bug & Tangelo, Versafine Vintage Sepia (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Mix&Match fall festival
Also: Faber-Castell Water Soluble pencils, Clear E.P.

10 Comments on “Autumn Tree”

1. Judy says:

Lovely card, Heather! I love the background effect of the sponging and flicking.

2. Nancy S says:

Beautiful Heather! I have so much fun trying your techniques and I love your colors!

3. Jan Castle says:

Very pretty tree Heather!!!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

4. Marja says:

Love it heather. Beautiful colors and design.
    Lobely greet
    Marja

5. Magee says:

A creative result is often an unplanned process. Your information on how you got there is a good understanding of this. – The end result (while not yet defined by the type of card it will be. . . birthday, harvest or otherwise) is still a symphony in satisfaction and fall colors. – Well done!

6. Paulette S says:

Heather, I love all of your card art. This is so pretty, whatever you use it for, the recipient will love it.

7. Love your style and gorgeous card Heather!
    TFS~

8. Caro says:

the colours are wonderful!!

9. Jenny Martin says:

Love, love, love it! I also love the whimsical path you took.
    How long have you been living in Canada? I got a surprise when I watched a video of yours and heard your Aussie accent! Are you going to do any more video tutorials??

As you may have noticed, I like a bit of whimsy, and this card has just the right amount! How perfect for these autumn days.