Autumn Tree

I took a slightly whimsical path with this tree and the panel came together by trial and error. I started by embossing the tree and colouring all the leaves and trunk with watercolour pencils. After blending all the pencil colouring with water the tree looked very alone so I started flicking orange, red and yellow water colour paint on the panel with a paintbrush. Flicking led to sponging and then sponging led to some letter background and the tree looked much happier. I chose not to add a sentiment as I haven’t decided on a purpose for this card yet. Could be a Thanksgiving card or maybe a fall birthday. The tree panel is matted in Penny Black Mix&Match ‘fall festival’ cardstock and popped up on a card base of the same colour.

I am now seeing these colours all around me and hope to get out with the camera soon to captures some of the beauty.

Stamps: Autumn Tree,  Letter Background (Penny Black)
Inks:  Memento Lady Bug & Tangelo, Versafine Vintage Sepia (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: Mix&Match fall festival
Also: Faber-Castell Water Soluble pencils, Clear E.P.

10 Comments on “Autumn Tree”

1. Judy says:

Lovely card, Heather! I love the background effect of the sponging and flicking.

2. Nancy S says:

Beautiful Heather! I have so much fun trying your techniques and I love your colors!

3. Jan Castle says:

Very pretty tree Heather!!!
    Paper Hugs,

4. Marja says:

Love it heather. Beautiful colors and design.
    Lobely greet

5. Magee says:

A creative result is often an unplanned process. Your information on how you got there is a good understanding of this. – The end result (while not yet defined by the type of card it will be. . . birthday, harvest or otherwise) is still a symphony in satisfaction and fall colors. – Well done!

6. Paulette S says:

Heather, I love all of your card art. This is so pretty, whatever you use it for, the recipient will love it.

7. Love your style and gorgeous card Heather!

8. Caro says:

the colours are wonderful!!

9. Jenny Martin says:

Love, love, love it! I also love the whimsical path you took.
    How long have you been living in Canada? I got a surprise when I watched a video of yours and heard your Aussie accent! Are you going to do any more video tutorials??

As you may have noticed, I like a bit of whimsy, and this card has just the right amount! How perfect for these autumn days.